Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
111 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 111

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Emergency - Someone please save this rare 1942 110 convertible coupe
Home away from home
Home away from home

packardsix1939
See User information
Humanpotatohybrid. I have now had four Junior sixes: a '40 sedan, two '38's (coupe and sedan) and my current '39 Convertible Coupe. I just consider a 120 to be a big step up from the sixes with the longer hood and more powerful engine. After all it was the straight eight that Packard was really known for. I ended up buying my car because it was at least one of the years and color I preferred and had some options I really wanted, like the banjo wheel. But I still wish I could have found a 120 instead. 1938 and 1939 convertibles for some reason are very hard to find compared to other years, especially 120's, and the few I was able to find were usually pretty bad conditionwise. The last one I looked at before buying mine (another '39 Six) was really horrible; there was literally more bondo than body. Mine at least was quite a bit better, but still has some issues that I'm not happy about. Since I really can't do much work on cars myself, it would just make more financial sense to sell mine and buy another car in better condition. And another issue is that my car, being a '39, has the column shift and I really don't like it. The driving experience with a floor shifter is just much better in my opinion. Unfortunately, '38's seem to be virtually non-existent. In about 25 years of looking, I have only been able to locate three '38 120 convertibles and all three of them were scrap. So you have to take what you can get if you particularly like a scarce year or model. You might not find another one for a long time.

Posted on: 2023/11/17 23:44
 Top  Print   
Wow (1)

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
Interesting, thanks for the insight. My Clipper Deluxe is also rare but for the opposite reason, few want them instead of everyone hoarding good examples. Especially for 55 as opposed to 56, they are easily the least optioned, have the worst-looking interior upholstery, and never have TL ride. I have never seen another in person, and only one '56 Deluxe in person. Whereas probably 10 each of the Patricians and 400's by now.

Posted on: 2023/11/18 13:53
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

packardsix1939
See User information
Just checked the posting on FB Marketplace and it is showing the car as Sold. So hopefully, it will now be restored.

Posted on: 12/1 23:34
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

r1lark
See User information
Quote:

packardsix1939 wrote:
Just checked the posting on FB Marketplace and it is showing the car as Sold. So hopefully, it will now be restored.

Or maybe hot rodded.......some of those 'gold chain' (ie, old and rich) street rod guys have deep pockets.

Posted on: 12/2 18:40
Paul
www.studebakerskytop.com
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved