Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
104 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 104

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »

Re: Packards on www.bringatrailer.com
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
I'm still salivating over the '40 coupe. Not sure what it will hammer for but the range of the current bids makes it look pretty attractive! Chris.

Posted on: 2023/11/17 16:17
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

packardsix1939
See User information
New one just posted today on this site: 1941 160 Super Eight Coupe. Very nice older restoration done by Hibernia Restorations of NJ back in the mid-80's. Still looks sharp. Attractive silver over blue color scheme.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1941-packard-160-club-coupe/

Posted on: 2023/11/18 11:59
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
The red '40 went for $26,800. Kinda steep IMO.

Posted on: 2023/11/19 17:17
If you're not having fun, maybe it's your own damned fault.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
I really like the 160 coupe

Posted on: 2023/11/19 19:13
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
The 1941 is very attractive without side mounts and with the running board delete option. It has a very clean look to it that way.

Posted on: 2023/11/19 21:59
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

packardsix1939
See User information
New one added yesterday: a very sharp 1953 Clipper Club Sedan with manual shift. Looks like a nice car. New paint and interior.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1953-packard-clipper-7/

Posted on: 2023/11/21 11:44
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
The 1953 does look nice and seems a bargain to have no reserve at such a low starting price. Wrong hood ornament, incorrect engine and transmission color and wrong firewall color but those are minor things. The patches on the rocker panels are a bit more serious, however.

Posted on: 2023/11/21 13:07
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

packardsix1939
See User information
I noted the incorrect J.C. Whitney hood ornament in comments I put up on the auction site, also the aftermarket modern gauge cluster. I also include a link to this forum site for any potential buyers. Car does have a few issues, but a Club Sedan with a stick shift is a rare treat.

Posted on: 2023/11/21 13:25
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
It is not a JC Whitney ornament but rather a wingless 1951-1952 Packard ornament and base. 1953’s and 1954’s were quite different and didn’t stand up as the earlier ones didn’t. It is very nice looking but has the incorrect engine and transmission color (both should be grey), wrong firewall color (should be body color) and a few other things which are minor, but troublesome are the patches on the rockers panels.

Posted on: 2023/11/21 13:31
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

packardsix1939
See User information
I thought I saw broken pieces of plastic stuck into the ornament where the wings should have been. The J.C. Whitney hood birds were a cheap knockoff of the Packard cormorant ornaments. I had one of these once and compared it to a real Packard ornament. They definitely do look similar, except of course for the plastic wings. One I had had green wings, but I've also seen orange and red ones. They are a bit tacky. Someone also made a knockoff that was a one-piece zinc die casting. Have seen these too, but they really do not look very much like the Packard ornaments.

I just looked again at the photos of the car on the Bringatrailer website. Photos 13 and 14 give you the best views of the hood ornament and I am definitely seeing broken pieces of orange plastic sticking out of the bird's back. So, it must be a J.C. Whitney bird.

Posted on: 2023/11/21 16:51
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved