Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
127 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 124

Ross, dallas, Ozstatman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 1953 power steering pump specifications
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Floor arrangement would take some experimentation and worst case the suspended pedal could be eliminated and the underfloor pedal used alone. Fit of the booster is the main hindrance.

On your thought about getting a manual pedal and using a manual dual master, one issue you will run into is there are no modern dual masters that anyone has found that mounts to the frame using thru bolts the same way as the single master Packard used. All modern masters seem to have end mounts and to use that in the Packard location will require some kind of mounting bracket which will throw off the center to center alignment between the pedal and master. You will need to figure out how to address that issue and I think space to move the pedal will again be a limiting factor. It might be possible to use some sort of bellcrank and mount the master at an angle but don't remember what else might be in the way if trying that.

Posted on: 2023/11/19 12:43
Howard
 Top  Print   
Like (1)

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Mopar_Earl
See User information
Nothing is never easy. Lol That was my plan C. I'd upgrade my PS pump to run hydroboost but I doubt the original PS system would handle that unless I ran a separate pressure relief valve on the steering side. Or run dual pumps. But more money, more fabrication. Trying not to alter the car too much and make mods reversible for the next guy if he's a purest. I will shift my detective measures to a vac booster at the crotch vent or higher with OE pedal or aftermarket hanging pedal.

Earl

Posted on: 2023/11/19 13:38
1953 Packard Patrician 400 Touring Sedan
*Factory AC
*3spd manual with overdrive
*Heater
*Backup lights
*Power steering
*Power brakes
*Windshield washer
*Driver's side spotlight mirror
*Spare tire remote valve
*Wonderbar radio
*Power antenna
*Rear radio speaker with dash volume control
*Original interior other than the carpet
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
As I understand it, you don’t need a dual unit for disc/drum or disc/disc but you do need a differential valve of some sort that handles the front to rear pressure differential. I’m not an expert on these things but one of the disc conversion manufacturers told me that a while back while contemplating uninstalling a disc brake conversion to go back to stock.

Posted on: 2023/11/19 21:32
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved