Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
171 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 171

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 »

Re: New Forum Feature
Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
Kev,

I noticed the drag-and-drop feature does not seem to work in "Preview" mode. Not a big deal but thought I'd mention it.

Posted on: 1/28 11:01
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Thanks. I'll take a look at it.

Posted on: 1/28 12:32
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   
Like (1)

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
This has been fixed. Thanks.

Posted on: 1/29 14:53
-BigKev

Top  Print   
Like (1)

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
When adding photos, be sure the [PROCESSING IMAGE.... PLEASE WAIT] message is gone before submitting! Your image will not show if the message is still there. Kev, is there a way to hide the submit button or maybe something while photos are processing?

Posted on: 2/1 22:21
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I hid a bunch of options on the New Post/Edit Post/Reply editor, which should never really be changed. This should declutter it quite a bit.

Posted on: 2/8 11:23
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Quote:

Packard Don wrote:
When adding photos, be sure the [PROCESSING IMAGE.... PLEASE WAIT] message is gone before submitting! Your image will not show if the message is still there. Kev, is there a way to hide the submit button or maybe something while photos are processing?

The issue with that is there are times when something happens, and it doesn't finish processing or fails to call back and update the screen. In those instances, you would be stuck, as the button would be disabled.

Currently, let's say, after 30 seconds or so, it doesn't update, a user could delete that [PROCESSING IMAGE... PLEASE WAIT] message and just try again.

That message is just text that gets appended to the existing text in the Edit Window to let you know something is happening. Then, after the image gets uploaded, resized, and compressed, it replaces that message text with the URL/IMG tags to display the image.

After that, it's just text. The image is already in place, and the text is just the "pointer" to it. This means I can cut and paste that to somewhere else in the message if I need to reformat the message.

The great thing about this also, is if someone 'Quotes' your message in a reply, any images in that section they quoted will also show in that reply. So it helps to maintain context for the reader.

Posted on: 2/8 11:43
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I have figured out the reason for those who have had an issue with the website logging you out when it shouldn't.

If I am logged in, and then I open another browser tab, and let's say I go to Google and search for something Packard-related. If one of those Google search links is back to PackardInfo and you click on it, opening another copy of the website in that tab, that new Google supplied link is opened with a null session attached to it. Which invalidates your existing session token. So when you return to your original browser tab, and refresh the screen, you will now see that you have been logged out.

I'll see if there is something I can do to resolve it, but in the meantime, it's just something to be aware of.

Posted on: 2/8 12:08
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
That’s interesting! I don’t think that my own logout issue was to do with it but the issue seems to come and go in spells. Usually I have to log back in each time I open the site and if I click away to another tab for anything even unrelated, when I re-open the tab even just seconds later I must log in again. However, at the moment it seems to have stayed logged in which may last a couple days. It’s not really an issue as the browser usually “remembers” the login and password but just mentioning it while we’re on the subject.

Posted on: 2/8 14:10
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
Quote:

BigKev wrote:
I have figured out the reason for those who have had an issue with the website logging you out when it shouldn't.

If I am logged in, and then I open another browser tab, and let's say I go to Google and search for something Packard-related. If one of those Google search links is back to PackardInfo and you click on it, opening another copy of the website in that tab, that new Google supplied link is opened with a null session attached to it. Which invalidates your existing session token. So when you return to your original browser tab, and refresh the screen, you will now see that you have been logged out.

I'll see if there is something I can do to resolve it, but in the meantime, it's just something to be aware of.

Yes I have noticed that many times. Thanks for looking into it 🙂

Posted on: 2/8 16:17
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Some of you may have noticed the little "Bell" icon up at the top left of the screen.

If you are logged into the website, that will show you any Reactions from other users to forum posts you have made. It will turn RED if there are new reactions you haven't seen before.

Resized Image

Clicking on it will pop up a window that shows both the new and the last 25 old ones you have (the newest on top).

Resized Image

The emoticons will show in color for the new ones, and grey for the older ones.

You can click on any of the ones listed to be taken directly to that post. It will then mark that item as seen.

This works from this point forward. So, it won't show you any reactions to posts before today, as the prior ones don't have all the needed data in the database to make this work.

I added this so you can know if anyone is reacting to your post. Some folks use this instead of actually posting a response. Sometimes it's good to know your posts are just not screaming into the void.

Posted on: 3/29 13:05
-BigKev

Top  Print   
Like (2)

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved