Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
158 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 157

Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 25 »

Re: 1937 120 Conv. Sedan - Blanche
Home away from home
Home away from home

37Blanche
See User information
My firewall deadener arrived. I am still looking for the fasteners to install. Someone had recommended restoration specialties (B1311-clp) but looks like they are out of stock and are having difficulties replenishing their stock.

Any recommendations on fasteners to use or an alternative source?

Merry Christmas!

Attach file:

png  IMG_4423.png (662.13 KB)
226403_658867beb4dfe.png 960X2079 px

Posted on: 12/24 12:18
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
I've got a handful of the originals if you want, however, modern plastic "christmas trees" will give you a better fit.

DAF

Posted on: 12/24 12:22
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

37Blanche
See User information
Thanks flackmaster! I will take you up on the originals. Will PM you.

Posted on: 12/24 12:31
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
And if you need more clips than flackmaster can supply of the originals or want to explore the modern fasteners you might download an Auveco catalog and check out the clips and fasteners in section 19. Some places sell them individually but others including Amazon and several ebay vendors sell many of the Auveco products by the box.

Posted on: 12/24 12:37
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

37Blanche
See User information
Thanks Howard! Will keep as reference if needed.

Posted on: 12/24 13:07
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

37Blanche
See User information
Spent some time painting. Took the guards and the rear name plate off before storage and purchased the hood props from San Diego Packard. Added a non skid pad to the prop where hood will sit to avoid scratches. Cleaned them up best I could. Keeping the patina.
Merry Christmas!

Click to see original Image in a new window

Posted on: 12/25 12:08
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

37Blanche
See User information
I am preparing the new air cleaner I got (thanks for the guidance Ross!) and looking to attach the support bracket to the cleaner.

Is it just a matter of threading the bolt into the support with washers and then into the air cleaner? Or does the cleaner come apart, so i can insert a bolt coming out and attach with a nut? Its refurbished, so i can't tell if it is able to come apart or not, as all the potential seam look to be solid, but it may just be paint?

Thoughts appreciated as always!
Ben

Posted on: 1/5 13:07
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

TxGoat
See User information
I believe you could put a stud in the breather shell and then use washers and a wing nut to secure it. I put a longer bolt with a nut partly threaded on it on mine to make removal/installation a little easier.

Posted on: 1/5 13:49
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

37Blanche
See User information
So I should be able to remove the base/bottom of the cleaner to be able to get a nut on the backside? Did not want to try and force it off, if it was not intended to be removed

Posted on: 1/5 13:56
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
This factory photo would appear to show an ordinary hex head bolt. The air cleaner side looks to have threads and a D shaped hole so it is probably a nutsert type fastener pressed into the air cleaner sheet metal similar to what Packard used in a lot of other sheetmetal pieces. Additional nuts were not needed on those type fasteners. Suspect the bolt also has a flat washer and possibly a lock washer. With the large hole in the brace I also suspect there is a flat sided rubber grommet in the hole to act as a cushion between the metal pieces and still provide a bit of flex and vibration control.

Attach file:

jpg  engine.jpg (196.47 KB)
209_659851259e1e0.jpg 1244X1240 px

Posted on: 1/5 14:00
Howard
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 25 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved