Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
162 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 162

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Packard Mystery Part
Just popping in
Just popping in

Olly
See User information
Hi,
I bought these online and the seller had very little information on them and when I googled the part numbers on the back (D15728A,D15728B) they seemed to lead back to an outdated packard number. So I was wondering if anyone has ever seem these on a Packard or knows what they may be off of? I have checked various Packard websites, and Stuedebaker, and other off companies that Packard has owned and I can't seem to find any information. Any information would be helpful. Thank you
Click to see original Image in a new window

Posted on: 1/15 19:02
 Top  Print   

Re: Packard Mystery Part
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Quote:
other off companies that Packard has owned

I’m afraid I don't have an answer and the photo isn’t clear enough to enlarge for details but I am curious what other companies you were talking about. I’m pretty sure that it has nothing to do with Packard, though. Even if there were a Packard with a 1080 body or chassis number, it would not be on the car anywhere except for the data plate as it would be more of a code than a model.

Posted on: 1/15 20:43
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Only word that I can read is "eighty" what do the other two words say?

Posted on: 1/15 21:13
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Olly
See User information
Thanks for your response I will post another picture romorrow my phone isn't the greatest. I do know Packard partnered with Studebaker, and they also built engines for the war effort with Merlin and along with Rolls Royce and I believe they have been partners with Renault and few other in forgein countries. I'm no expert just what I've researched over the past year.

Posted on: 1/16 0:34
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Olly
See User information
It says Ten Eighty I know they've made One Eighty and One Twenty and I know the emblems for the One Eighty the script matches that of the Ten Eighty that I have. The only reference I found any reference to a 1080 was the sedan wagon but the picture was small and blurry so I couldn't see much detail. I will post some new pictures tomorrow that are clearer and I do appreciate your response.

Posted on: 1/16 0:36
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
I don’t see any reason to believe this is Packard-related

Massey Ferguson made a model 1080. You might check that out

Posted on: 1/16 6:07
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
It from the side of a surgical table. So nothing to do with anything automotive.

Picture grabbed from ebay;

Click to see original Image in a new window

Posted on: 1/16 7:48
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   
Like (1)

Just popping in
Just popping in

Olly
See User information
Hi,
Thanks could not of asked for a more clearer answer. Strange how I never thought to actually look at surgical tables.

Posted on: 1/16 8:03
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
Nice detective work Kev.

Posted on: 1/16 8:04
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Olly
See User information
Hi,
I wasn't 100% sure if it was a Packard part or not it was just when I bought it a year or so ago when I put in the number it came up under Packard which is why I believed Packard had something to do with it. And as I started doing more research into Packard it seemed like something they would of made. And I did know Massey Ferguson had a 1080 but I had already searched back as far as I could find and never found anything resembling it but thanks for the heads up none the less.

Posted on: 1/16 8:07
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved