Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
215 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 215

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Wheel Base
Home away from home
Home away from home

Dave O
See User information
Just a question out of curiosity. In the 22nd and 23rd series cars. 120 inch wheel base, and 127 inch wheel base. Where did Packard put the additional 7 inches?. I know on my 1956 they added it behind the back glass, making the rear longer. Just curious.

Dave O

Posted on: 2/1 20:09
 Top  Print   

Re: Wheel Base
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
No idea on the large 30s senior models but on the other models it was forward of the cowl thru the 23rd series 50s. There are short and long front fender assys for those years.

For 51-6 it was in the back seat area just forward of the rear window and axle. Those years are easy to see if you look at the parts book body illustrations and compare a rear door between the two wheelbases. On the shorter WB cars you will see a large notch in the rear door that accommodate the wheel well area and on the longer models it is a only a slight notch.

Posted on: 2/1 20:42
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
On 22nd and 23rd series cars I believe some or all of the difference was in the front clip. I only ever had one (a 1948 Henney-Packard Nu-3-Way) so not really sure if the passenger compartment was also a bit longer on passenger cars. I can say with certainty that the front clip on mine was higher!

Posted on: 2/1 22:27
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
On the 21st, 22nd, 23rd series it is in front of the cowl. The lwb 7 passenger and limo are another matter

Posted on: 2/2 1:43
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
IIRC, from the time of the 33/40/45 designation series, the extra length was ahead of the cowl. That may have been the case from the 20s with the sixes and eights, too, but I don't know.

I know bupkis about the 1950s models except where to find what engines.

Posted on: 2/3 7:45
If you're not having fun, maybe it's your own damned fault.
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved