Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
221 user(s) are online (132 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 221

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: North East TEU 10868 distributor
Home away from home
Home away from home

Marty or Marston
See User information
True - I was talking about the upper portion of the cap. If it is the lower portion of the cap, then spray that area with a lubricant several times over several hours. With a single edge razor blade gently try to insert it between the metal and plastic portion working around the entire circumference. Try GENTLY TAPPING the razor blade. Probably best the remove the distributor.

On the off chance the plastic part(s) break, it may be repairable using PC7 (a 2 part epoxy that takes a day to cure). I used it to repair the top portion of one I had. I'm holding it as a backup for my current one. Wet both surfaces with the minimum of the mixed epoxy and clamp them together allowing the PC-7 to cure overnight.

GOOD LUCK

Posted on: 2/6 16:39
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

‘29 633 Mel
See User information
Thanks everyone. Marty was correct, and I snipped the wires in order to remove the cap from the distributor, then flipped the cap upside down and soaked the upper cap in Varsol for 24 hours, and a lot of very gentle prying (very very gentle) it popped off.

Click to see original Image in a new window

Thanks everyone for your input. 👍👍

Posted on: 2/6 20:20
 Top  Print   
Like (1)

Home away from home
Home away from home

Marty or Marston
See User information
I'm glad that it worked. Before you install the new wires, make sure the spikes that penetrate the wire are cleaned up real good.

Posted on: 2/10 11:23
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

‘29 633 Mel
See User information
Yup, did that.

After installing the new plugs and the new wires, the car started in less than 3 seconds of it turning over. Awesome feeling knowing that a car that sat for somewhere between 15-40 years starting and purring like a kitten 👍👍

Now onto the next perplexing issue in a separate thread. 🤣

Posted on: 2/14 19:08
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved