Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
198 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 198

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Clipper and 22-23 series alignment
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
A friend said he is going to have his 49 front shocks replaced by a guy that has done it on other old cars but never on a Packard. Asked if there is anything not covered in the manuals that needs to be done or if there is anything parts wise besides shocks (shims, bushings, etc) that would be good to have on hand before starting the job or is needed for alignment.

I never got around to doing any suspension related work on the 47 so cannot answer the question with any confidence but know there are others who have done similar work on these models. Thought I would ask his question and see if there are any recommendations and points of wisdom that might be out there.

Posted on: 2/4 12:43
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: Clipper and 22-23 series alignment
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
On late prewar Packards there were offset bushings that handled the camber/caster and they were not advisable so a supply in various offsets was needed in order to pick one properly set it. On postwar cars, it appears to be adjustable so, while I’ve not worked on one either, I can’t imagine anything else needed that you didn’t mention. Possibly sway bushings if it had those could be replaced at the same time but those can probably be found over-counter if needed as Napa had them for my 1951 Henney-Packard’s rears bar.

Posted on: 2/4 18:34
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved