Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
203 user(s) are online (142 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 202

Phat Jonny, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Original Unrestored '55 Caribbean For Sale
Just popping in
Just popping in

Ram
See User information
Hello all, I am working with a family selling the autos of a family members estate now that he has passed. He had a collection of 14 cars. Amongst them were SEVEN 1955 & 1956 Packards and a 1948 Packard. I am offering up for sale one at a time. Some are so far buried in the back of the barn that I will not know the model until all the things around it are removed. The family has asked me to list these cars on ebay. The first one up is a '55 Caribbean and the ebay item number is 266683014262 for numerous additional photos. Please visit the ebay listing. This is the ebay description...."Up for sale is a 1955 Packard Caribbean, one of only 500 built, being offered as a Buy it Now/Make Offer format. I am working with a family selling the car collection of an elderly family member who has passed away. It is unknown how long he had owned the car and whether he ever drove it while he owned it. The odometer reads 01055 which I believe is 101055 actual mileage as the inspection sticker on the windshield is from 1961. We believe the car has not been driven on the road since around then. The engine appears to be locked up from sitting so long as it would not budge with a breaker bar on the crankshaft bolt. While stored it appears to have always been garaged. The floors feel and look solid with the rust thru limited to above both rear wheel wells. There is damage to the right front fender so a replacement fender and grill is included with the car that the owner purchased years ago. The driver door glass is cracked. The car appears to be complete including the fender skirts. The stainless is good but the die cast pieces have pitting. At this time we are unable to locate the keys so they might not be included with the car. We cannot open the trunk but in looking thru the rear seat well there is nothing stored inside. We do have a clear NY transferable registration for the car. Prior to 1973 NY State did not issue Titles only transferable registrations. It appears that even though the car was off the road the owner kept the car insured and registered thru 2008. Please Look at the Photos, it was difficult getting good undercarriage images. The car is located in New York's Colunbia County, south of Germantown. We ask that once the sale has been made a $1000 deposit thru ebay be made within 48 hours and the balance paid within 14 days via cash on pickup or wire transfer. The car can be stored up to 2 months as long as full payment has been made. We can help load the car on to a trailer, and also depending on destination can offer enclosed trailer shipping for a reasonable fee. This is a good solid candidate for a restoration. Good Luck and Thanks for Looking"
Click to see original Image in a new window

Posted on: 2/22 10:16
 Top  Print   

Re: Original Unrestored '55 Caribbean For Sale
Home away from home
Home away from home

kevinpackard
See User information
Thanks for letting us know about the car. It'll be interesting to see what the others look like as they become available. I'm wondering if the asking price of $30K is a bit optimistic? The car will need literally everything done to it. The price of restoration would be significant.

-Kevin

Posted on: 2/22 12:01
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Ram
See User information
Yes, the Buy it now of 30k is optimistic however the listing allows for offers which would be considered. We can always lower the price, I think around 20k might be more reasonable

Posted on: 2/22 17:11
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

kevinpackard
See User information
Quote:

Ram wrote:
Yes, the Buy it now of 30k is optimistic however the listing allows for offers which would be considered. We can always lower the price, I think around 20k might be more reasonable

I agree that's a more reasonable range. I hope somebody picks it up and works with it. It has some issues but looks to be a good candidate for a full restoration.

Posted on: 2/22 18:22
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
There was a guy on FB looking for a barn find Caribbean project only like a month ago, but I can't find his post.

Posted on: 2/23 5:46
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

tuskman
See User information
Did he have any 30's cars in his collection? If so, let me know once you figure them all out. thanks!

Posted on: 2/23 8:33
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Ram
See User information
Next car up for sale in this collection is a '55 Packard Patrician. Offers will be considered. I created a new post in this forum.

Posted on: 2/29 19:27
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Ram
See User information
Replying to Tuskman.....32 Chevy 5 window coupe, 2 '34 Cadillacs and 3 '29 Franklins

Posted on: 2/29 19:29
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved