Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
215 user(s) are online (144 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 212

TxGoat, Pack120c, Flybiker18, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1951 Packard 300 Ultramatic dipstick location
Just popping in
Just popping in

HAR
See User information
I have a 1951 Packard 300 with an ultramatic transmission. All the information I have indicates there is an access through the driver's side floorboard. However, I have not been able to find this access in my car. Is it possible there is no access in some 1951s with ultramatics?
Thanks,
Hugh

Posted on: 2/24 15:36
 Top  Print   

Re: 1951 Packard 300 Ultramatic dipstick location
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
If you are looking for an opening to access and read the dipstick from the top there is none and you will need to crawl under. If after finding you need to add fluid that can be added from the top using a funnel placed into the breather opening. There is a plate covering a hole on the top flat surface of the transmission tunnel. The opening will be just in front of the seat when seat is all the way back. In most cases the carpet or mat can be pulled up and away from the passenger side to uncover the plate and then the screws holding the plate to the sheetmetal can be removed exposing the breather. In some cars the carpet might be under the sill plate or a couple of screws could have been added to hold it in position. Anything like that would need to be addressed before folding the carpet back.

If still stock, there is a dust cover crimped over the breather so the option to use if for filling is to release the crimps slightly to make the cap easy to lift off and then lift it and the mesh out of the breather or unscrew the breather assy from the case.

Be careful not to introduce any dirt or debris into the transmission when using the breather opening.

Posted on: 2/24 15:44
Howard
 Top  Print   
Like (1)

Re: 1951 Packard 300 Ultramatic dipstick location
Just popping in
Just popping in

HAR
See User information
Thanks, I'll see if I can find the opening.
Hugh

Posted on: 2/24 22:11
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved