Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
89 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 89

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

For Sale - Driver's Side Windshield, model 2232, 33; 2332, 33
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Joe
See User information
Hi all. Issues of a newbie here... I ordered replacement glass for my driver's side windshield from Vintage Glass in Gainseville, FL, not not knowing there was a difference between the convertible and sedan glass. Well, they sent me glass for the convertible (I have a 2302). Without getting into details (other than I have to strongly suggest you go elsewhere for your glass needs), I have some brand new 22nd/23rd series convertible glass (driver's side only) I'd love to sell. Looking to sell for $85 with shipping included. Feel free to message me directly if you're interested. Thanks, all.

Posted on: 3/9 9:27
 Top  Print   

Re: For Sale - Driver's Side Windshield, model 2232, 33; 2332, 33
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
You can have all your glass cut to size and edges polished and just about any glass shop. If one is broken or missing, just use the other side as a template!

Posted on: 3/9 16:47
 Top  Print   

Re: For Sale - Driver's Side Windshield, model 2232, 33; 2332, 33
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Joe
See User information
Yes I do know, and that's what I initially tried to do. The price I was quoted for just the one window was $140 on the low end, and $180 on the high end from the shops that cut glass in my town (this is Greenville, NC). These vendors like Vintage Glass and and Bob's Class Auto Glass charge about $90 per side (Bob's was actually $65 per side... with shipping added, it made their price comparable to VG). At the time, it just didn't make sense to go the local route, though I certainly would've preferred to have avoided this unpleasantness.

I will say, too, that NONE of the actual auto glass shops in my town cut glass, and none of them will touch the install process, even when everything's provided. I even tried shops in the much more densely-populated Raleigh-Durham area thinking they would have more resources, and came up with nothing but a handful of glass businesses that again wouldn't make good fiscal sense to utilize.

Perhaps it's just the area in which I live, but I suspect this is one of those dying crafts that'll leave only a handful of vendors who handle the work. It's certainly wasn't as easy to figure out as I thought it was going to be...

Posted on: 3/9 17:40
 Top  Print   
Like (1)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved