Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
137 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 136

Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

wipers
Home away from home
Home away from home

Dave O
See User information
hello folks; On a 23rd series 1950. What is a good replacement wiper blade. After doing my own checking it looks like a Trico 33-111 might fit, but at $25.00 a piece I don't want to be guessing. Plus I don't think they look as nice as the straight ones for a flat windshield do.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Dave O

Posted on: 3/12 6:31
 Top  Print   

Re: wipers
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

DM37
See User information
FYI:

Not comprehensive and not always fully organized by part number, but I've found a quick check into the forum Parts Cross-Reference (see left side toolbar item) is often helpful. I'm not sure about the fit for your car, but here is what it turned up:

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/parts/index.php?action=search&svalue=wiper&ButtonLookup=Go

Posted on: 3/12 8:35
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dave O
See User information
Thanks, I did check this under the main menu first. The part number listed as you referred to is a 12 inch version of 33-111 that I found on the internet. As the author suggests it may fit others, but it will be to long for my car.

Thanks for replying,
Dave O

Posted on: 3/12 8:50
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

53 Cavalier
See User information
Dave O, I put these on my 53 Cavalier.
Click to see original Image in a new window

Posted on: 3/12 9:05
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dave O
See User information
Thank you. Those look just like the Trico one's I found. So I guess I'll try that.

I appreciate all the ideas, and help from all.

Posted on: 3/14 7:22
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

packard1949
See User information
I assume you have checked ebay-I found some a while back on ebay-I just did a quick search-they have really gottne expensive

Posted on: 3/17 16:10
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
The Napa blades referenced a couple posts back have a multi-application attachment which to me doesn't look good at all. I have an NOS pair of original Trico blades and I also have several NOS sets of the inserts for the originals, all of which I bought for my own cars. Point is, they are around and if not a daily driver (and none of mine are), these should work fine especially after treatment with Gummi Pfelge Stift to keep the rubber (Gummi) pliable.

Posted on: 3/17 16:47
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

acolds
See User information
I have found some of the newer long wiper blades rubber parts have same contour shape as older short blades. Have had some success taking blades apart and mixing the rubbers. Started by replacing rubber on jeeps rear wiper rubber from longer piece from old front wiper that was ripped on ends. Its a project if you have time and want to waste some time with trial and error its a challenge good winter project.

Attach file:

jpg  IMG20240317191646.jpg (1,652.13 KB)
252_65f77a74381f7.jpg 3000X4000 px

Posted on: 3/17 18:07
C:\Users\veron\Desktop\New folder\1956 Packard Caribbean\753.jpg
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved