Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
227 user(s) are online (133 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 227

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1948 Custom Eight on Hemmings
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Mechagon
See User information
Not my car, but found this on Hemmings someone may like:

I've been looking for a Custom Eight off and on for some time but but the insane cost of shipping cars up to Canada it would probably not be worth it for me by the time I'm all done.

Note the lines zip-tied to the chassis and the interior wear, especially the spotting all over the headliner and those odd looking nubs on the back of the front seat. Not sure what all that is about. Also looks like something is up with the wiper.

Click here for link to hemmings

Attach file:

jpg  141289249.jpg (1,213.41 KB)
209721_6625883b922a9.jpg 1920X2560 px

Posted on: 4/21 16:45
Alberta - Canada

Wanted - 22nd Series Custom Eight, Overdrive + Electromatic Clutch
 Top  Print   

Re: 1948 Custom Eight on Hemmings
Home away from home
Home away from home

kevinpackard
See User information
I do like the Custom Eight's. The egg crate grille looks sharp. Looks like they didn't replace the original fuel hard line and instead zip tied up a flex line instead. Not a great long-term fix but that can be corrected. The spots on the interior....mold maybe? I wonder how well it would clean up.

-Kevin

Posted on: 4/21 19:21
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

dallas
See User information
According to cowl id tag it is a 1949.

Posted on: 4/22 5:48
 Top  Print   
Like (2)

Home away from home
Home away from home

TxGoat
See User information
It looks like it has been well-protected from sun damage, but there may be moth damage to upholstery. Fabric that old probably wouldn't stand up to normal use, but you'd have excellent pattern material, and the seat springs and stuffing are probably still good. Other than some yellowing, the plastics look good. It's rare to see a steering wheel that old that isn't cracked.

Posted on: 4/22 13:25
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved