Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
113 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 112

Guscha, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

blower motor lubrication
Home away from home
Home away from home

53 Cavalier
See User information
Are these lubrication points on my blower motor, or something else? 53 Cavalier

Click to see original Image in a new window

Posted on: 5/16 12:11
 Top  Print   

Re: blower motor lubrication
Home away from home
Home away from home

BDeB
See User information
Those are just rivets and there is no provision for lubricating the bushing at that end of the motor other than disassembling.

Posted on: 5/16 12:30
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
The bearings are supposed to be lubed for life but I guess as things go 75 years or so could be a lifetime. While it is not really recommended, rather than disassembling I have read of people carefully drilling a very small hole directly on the end or top of the bump and using a needle applicator to add a drop or two of oil at the end of the shaft. If you do that be careful not to drill deep or add more than a drop or two as too much oil will leak out and cause issues with the brushes and commutator.

Posted on: 5/16 12:49
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

53 Cavalier
See User information
Thank you!

Posted on: 5/16 12:56
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
Speaking from experience you can disassemble the motor but the fan will nearly always be rusted onto the shaft and completely inseparable, so the process is convoluted. If you really want to let me know and I'll add more detail.

Posted on: 5/16 16:44
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

DM37
See User information
Also: If you do the micro-drill and lube through the housing shaft cover "bump"...remember to tilt the bump up when done, then wipe it down with alcohol and dry it...then put a dab off 2-part epoxy/JB weld (after it just starts hardening) over the hole to keep the oil from weeping back out onto precious upholstery/carpet/etc...if you need to lube it (in another 75 years), just knock the epoxy bead off and repeat

Posted on: 5/16 16:59
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved