Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
207 user(s) are online (135 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 207

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

One reverse light
Home away from home
Home away from home

jt fugere
See User information
On my 55 Clipper 5562, it has one reverse lens on the left and not one on the right. I havent seen any others like this. Anybody know the story on that? Also it has gold script on the dash that says custom and deluxe script on the hood, please tell what car I have lol. Thanks

Posted on: 2009/6/1 19:43
 Top  Print   

Re: One reverse light
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
If you have 5562 on the door pillar, it should be a Custom and each tail light should have a clear lens under the red for the backup lights which came standard according to the RPO list Brian supplied. Are you saying there is no clear lens on one side or do you mean you have a single individual backup light between the trunk & bumper?

If the first, someone has done some interesting body and fender work and would sure like to see a picture as to how they did it. If no clear lenses at all, again it's interesting as to why not. If the light under trunk, then that was the optional backup light for lesser cars and no idea why it would be there on a Custom unless someone just added it. I guess there is the possibility the lights were not standard after all and the dealer added the kit instead of chasing the wiring for the regular ones.

The hood could well be a transplant so would ignore that emblem for the time being and go by serial #.

Posted on: 2009/6/1 20:11
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

chad hoover
See User information
i agree, i'd like to see a photo. if the car had been hit in the right rear, it is feasable that a 54 clipper, which did not have the b/u lite mounted under the t/l, was the only available patch panel donor.

Posted on: 2009/6/1 20:57
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

jt fugere
See User information
Attached is a photo. I could not figure out how to paste it in here.I added the URL and it was just text.

Attach file:

jpg  (112.35 KB)
1551_4a249b1f416c3.jpg 1280X957 px

Posted on: 2009/6/1 22:24
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I would vote for greendragons answer. The car was probably damaged and the fender and trunk lid from a deluxe (which didn't have backup lights) was installed. Any evidence of repair work?

Posted on: 2009/6/1 22:42
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

jt fugere
See User information
Nothing too obvious, although the rear bumper is about an inch and a half closer to the rear of the vehicle on the left side.

Posted on: 2009/6/1 23:06
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

55PackardGuy
See User information
You'll probably get pretty much unanimous agreement with Dragon and HH. If the bumper is closer on the left rear, it probably got tagged on that side in a different mishap. Maybe somebody had a tree that kept jumping into their driveway when they tried to back out.

The seams look pretty straight between the trunk and the fenders and lower lip, and the paint looks pretty well matched. I'm guessing it's an older repair. Check under the trunk lid--same color? It should match the body color. If they painted it, you'll likely be able to find spots they missed.

How many Packards ya got, anyway?

Posted on: 2009/6/2 22:08
Guy

[b]Not an Expert[/
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved