Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
92 user(s) are online (60 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 92

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Inside windshield molding
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Todd W. White
See User information
I've searched for an answer to this but can't find it in the forums, probably because I don't know the right terminology, so please forgive if this has already been asked and answered.

I'm about to have my windshield glass replaced on my 1949 22nd-series DeLuxe 8 Touring Sedan. The gentleman who is going to do the work is an older fellow who has been a professional at it for many years. However, because of our location, he has not seen many Packards in recent years. I am going to print off the service manual instructions for the replacement of the windshield glass, and all of the other glasses well, but I have a question that I can't seem to find in the service manual.

As I look at the windshield glass from the inside, I notice that, underneath the metal trim, there is what appears to be some kind of cloth gasket, for want of a better term. When he takes the trim off to remove the glass and the old gasket and external stainless trim, does that brown cloth gasket come off with the inner molding and go back on with it, or does he need to have a new set of the cloth gaskets, along with the new rubber gaskets, in order to install everything correctly?

Thanks for your help.

Posted on: Yesterday 23:59
Todd W. White
Sapulpa, Okla.
1949 2262 DeLuxe Eight Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved