Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
237 user(s) are online (134 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 5
Guests: 232

Mike52_200, Tom (Packin31), humanpotatohybrid, BigKev, Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: If anyone is in Nebraska this weekend.....Wow!!!
Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi

I note in the rear view of the '46-'47 Clipper, the rear window holder straps of the type used on Taxi spec cars appear to be there.

Was the car a six? Did it have order indications that it was a taxi spec six sold for non-commercial use, such as the all vinyl interior?

I've seen at least one of those cars, here in Western New York in the mid-'90's.

Steve

Posted on: 2009/8/23 9:34
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

packardtaximan
See User information
Several items would classify this car as a taxi. Vinyl interior, back window that opens, holes in dash by ignition switch for the rear window switch and door ajar light,lack of ring around horn button, and marlite kick panel on bottom of passenger door. Wish I would have attended this sale.

Posted on: 2009/10/2 18:38
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi packardtaximan

Thanks for noticing and enlarging on my questions regarding whether this car was a taxi spec car.

It's my understanding that dealers would order the taxi spec cars to sell to customers wanting the more durable features found on those models.

Also I note you have a lwb New York taxi, is it the only one still in existence?

Steve

Posted on: 2009/10/2 19:06
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

packardtaximan
See User information
As far as I know it is the sole survivor. This information came form a gentelman who was employed at Packard Federal in New York. He said he was in the department that scrapped the LWB taxi cabs when their leases expired. He verified that the serial numbers of my taxi were those of a New York taxi. He could not explain how this car survived.

Posted on: 2009/10/2 21:57
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved