Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
222 user(s) are online (147 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 222

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Mayfair finished
Home away from home
Home away from home

Denny Z
See User information
Here are some interior photos. I've also included a shot of the purchase agreement dated April 5, 1952, from Fort Wayne Packard (a '51 Packard Club Sedan was traded in), and the instruction sticker below the ignition switch explaining how to use the new "two way" switch. In the trunk, the bumper jack is still in the original box!

Attach file:

jpg  (37.34 KB)
564_4a90893ac8b79.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  (37.76 KB)
564_4a90894fc4a54.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  (31.01 KB)
564_4a908964673f7.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  (33.72 KB)
564_4a908978f04d7.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  (28.11 KB)
564_4a90898dd35ff.jpg 480X640 px

jpg  (23.46 KB)
564_4a9089a3445a3.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2009/8/22 19:15
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Great condition interior to match the new outside. Whole package should get quite a few admiring looks at the next show.

I do have a question for those in the know however. The decal under the ignition switch seems so out of place for a fine car that am curious if anyone knows just why Packard felt it was necessary. They had used the same switch on the 23rd series so not like it was a new feature. What changed?

Was it on all cars that left the factory? Remember seeing a picture of it in one of the books but don't know what if any there was in explanation. Apparently not much or would have remembered. Do know there was none on the 51 I grew up with--although if there, it could have been removed early on before I "inherited" the car.

Posted on: 2009/8/22 19:57
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Roger L. Hosmer
See User information
Interior is beautiful. A great car.

Posted on: 2009/8/22 20:10
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Denny Z
See User information
Believe it or not, this Mayfair has NEVER been to a car show! I really don't enjoy shows, but we do love to tour.
I have some questions too. Did Packard use "window stickers"? I don't know if I've ever seen an original. Question two: What do y'all think the insurance value should be on my car? I should probably up the value with Hagerty now that I've put money in her.

Posted on: 2009/8/22 20:12
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Yes, you should insure her for all Hagerty will agree to.
Thank you for the interior pics. I always turned the interior lights on when ever I was conversing with a young lady to let her see what a gorgeous auto she was about to get into.
If I run across a pair of the "floor" lights in each corner of the dash, such as the Mayfair had, I would install them in my 400. That dash bedazzled many people and I did throw one jack.., er, oaf out when he put his shoe up on my dash.
I don't recall a window sticker on our Mayfair, but the dealer may have removed it because it was one of two showroom cars.

Posted on: 2009/8/23 0:48
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved