Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
36 user(s) are online (23 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 36

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Dan Yocum
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Sad news to report. I just received an email that Dan Yocum passed away on August 13th. He was a great guy who really loved Packards, and really went out of the way to help me, and others locate parts when we needed them. He will be missed.

Godspeed Dan.

Posted on: 2009/9/9 1:40
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Re: Dan Yocum
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I am going up this weekend to look and sort the literature that Dan had collected. The Gentleman that is handling Dan's estate said he wanted to make sure the literature didn't go to waste, so all the Packard related content is being given/donated to PackardInfo for archival so other folks can enjoy and use what Dan was able to collect.

I know Dan had been fighting Cancer for a long time before his passing. So I hope he is in a better place, and driving his '53 Patrician that he loved so much.

Posted on: 2009/9/9 11:05
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Kev -

Sorry to hear of the passing of another good Packard guy. Although I never had any contact with Dan, I can recall many of your reports of good dealings with him.

I've no doubt that your rapport with Dan, as well as PackardInfo's reputation, led to the contribution of all that material.

Posted on: 2009/9/9 11:46
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Bill
See User information
Dan,
I can't believe that the cancer beat you. I've only known you for a short few months from a recommendation from Kev to contact you as to what I needed. As I talked with you during our project it seemed as though you were winning the fight because each time you seemed stronger and upbeat from the treatment. Not having personally met you I feel as though you are a good friend. You personally went out of your way to assist a fellow Packard person. I was able to make my Packard safer to drive with your help in getting a disc brake setup made to fit my car with parts loaned out from one of your cars. God bless and "Happy Motoring".

Bill from LA.

Posted on: 2009/9/9 12:25
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Just came back from Dan Yocum's place. Picked up all the literature that he wanted they website to have. Basically enough content to fill the back seat in my truck. 3 boxes full of binders which contain service letters, counselors, service manuals, and all kinds of other Packard related material. I still need to sort it all out, then I will start scanning everything. There is probably over 10,000 sheet of paper, so as you can imaging it is going to take awhile to get everything scanned. So look for pieces to be scanned and uploaded in waves as I can make time.

Dan also had almost every book published on Packard (most of the ones on the listed on the Packard Bookshelf here). All of his books are for sale, so if anyone is interested let me know and I can put you in contact with the family.

Also I posted about 30 pictures of all the various part caches and part cars that Dan had at the house. Those are all posted in the For Sale forum for anyone interested in 51-56 parts.

Attach file:

jpg  (87.42 KB)
1_4aad6c8619d39.jpg 1024X768 px

Posted on: 2009/9/13 17:04
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Predictor
See User information
Kev, if you haven't already thought of this, you might consider crediting Dan with whatever info you post that was specifically gleaned from his donation.

Posted on: 2009/9/13 18:48
Who has my future '56 Patrician? Please let me know!
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
BIGKEV: We all should be very greatfull to the family of Dan Yocum for letting your have all the Packard lierature.
Sometimes what a person promises the family doesn't follow through on.

I never knew of Dan Yocum or his love and involvement concerning Packards. How did you get to know and could you post a picture of him.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2009/9/13 19:30
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Quote:

Predictor wrote:
Kev, if you haven't already thought of this, you might consider crediting Dan with whatever info you post that was specifically gleaned from his donation.

I will do that just like I do with everyone who donates content to the website!

Posted on: 2009/9/13 19:48
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Jim
See User information
Donating this literature is a very generous gesture. So often, it seems the golden eggs are blown out for pennies on the dollar and the remainder is thrown out. It sounds like Dan left thoughtful directive to ensure this literature collection would go to good use.

Kev, thanks for your effort in obtaining this literature, the future cataloging of all this, and support of this site so that thousands of Packard enthusiasts around the world can benefit from Dan's gracious final wishes.

Jim

Posted on: 2009/9/13 20:45
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Steve
See User information
Although I didn't know Dan, I have to say that hes collection of Packard literature is with a High value, I can understand that since I have a collection of Soviet car literature and
I manuals. I agree also what Jim said.
I hope there are some spare parts catalogs for 1953-54 Packards? If there such thing exist?

Posted on: 2009/9/14 12:19
Dreaming about a 1954 Packard Clipper
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved