Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
219 user(s) are online (137 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 216

David Timberlake, Kevin, Ernie Vitucci, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Truck Goes Swimming
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
Found this on the inter net today. What more can be said.

John F. Shireman

Attach file:

jpg  (44.79 KB)
105_4aab04f9acfea.jpg 630X420 px

Posted on: 2009/9/11 21:18
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

Re: Truck Goes Swimming
Home away from home
Home away from home

Predictor
See User information
If that was a water truck I'd say it was getting a refill. Hope no one got hurt.

Posted on: 2009/9/11 21:38
Who has my future '56 Patrician? Please let me know!
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
No injuries. Newscast said they were on the way to investigate a sinkhole caused by a broken water main and another one caused by the same leak opened as they passed over.

Posted on: 2009/9/11 21:46
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
I'd hate to be the one who had to call the boss and tell him.............

Posted on: 2009/9/12 0:01
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Daniel Leininger
See User information
Brings back an old news story I heard 25 years ago from Minnesota or Wisconsin.

A Volunteer Fire Dept was testing out a newly refurbished pumper Truck on the local boat ramp at the lake when a poorly-set emergency-brake allowed the sparkling new machine to roll down in the water and flood out.

By the time they got another truck, wrecker and equipment there, a local News Team Action Cam showed up with video and microphone for a 6 o'clock News (slow-news day).

Among all the firefighters with their heads hangin' low, they found one whose helmet said 'Firechief' on it. The reporter asked "Chief, do you have any comments for our listeners?"
The Chief raised his head and looked off to the half-submerged truck and said,
"I am sure that 20 years from today, this will be a lot funnier than it is right now."

[In the meantime, God Bless our Firefighters everywhere. (yesterday was 8 years since 9-11 attacks here in USA.]

DanL

Posted on: 2009/9/12 6:33
[i][size=small][color=000066]Dan'L in SD
41ParPack
First of the Clippers
[
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
What amazes me is so-called "Fire Safety and Prevention" tactics.

I've attended at least 4 such civilian 'training' courses over the years that i can remeber. The fire "professionals" are always touting the dry chem extinguishers.

Just follow your local fire truck the next time it is on a live call. WATCH REAL CLOSE. The very first thing that happens even before the fire truck comes to a full stop is that a firefighter bails from the fire truck, grabs a CO2 fire extinguisher and runs toward the fire.

HE GRABS THE CO2 extinguisher UNconditionaly. NOT a dry chem extinguisher.

Of course i'm not afraid to cross examine any situation. Yeah, gets me in trouble sometimes too. When i asked assistant Chief a few days later about why they grab CO2 BUT tell civilians to use dry chem i just got a blank stare and he turned around and walked away.

Posted on: 2009/9/12 10:32
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Predictor
See User information
A simple remedy/solution to grabbing a particular type of extinguisher is to make it less convenient, in other words, the fireman would have to reach a little further and in the process the thought may occur as to what flavor extinguisher is most appropriate. In the same vein, putting a dry chem type in the spot where the CO2 is would eliminate any thought or delay.

And why have most fire departments given up using high volume high pressure mist fog? According to a former Chief I knew (deceased) he bemoaned that all the time. He claimed it knocked down fires much quicker than dumping thousands of gallons of water...and without the flood damage. Am surprised that the environMENTALists haven't jumped on this firewagon.

Posted on: 2009/9/12 13:19
Who has my future '56 Patrician? Please let me know!
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
This happened a couple of days ago here in LA. The have had a 6 different water-main brakes in the LA area this part week. That cast iron watermain pipe was installed in 1914. Basically a chronic issue old infrastructure. The pavement gave way under the truck as it was on the way to investigate the break.

Posted on: 2009/9/12 13:21
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved