Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
235 user(s) are online (143 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 231

BigKev, Don B, humanpotatohybrid, 29tons, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: my new 49
Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Quote:
Not all 22nd series cars had the painted center bumpers, especially the 49's , so the all chrome bumper is not incorrect.

All 1948 22nd Series excluding the Custom Eight had painted center sections in the bumpers. And if the 1949 22nd Series didn't have the same painted bumpers, (excluding the Custom Eight) then someone needs to update the Packard model info on this site, as well as every book I've ever read concerning the bathtub Packards.

Posted on: 2009/9/24 11:22
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
I agree that the designer intent was the centers painted and the open mouth front - it gives a lighter look. Much as the 41 ads usually show painted headlight rims, no running boards, and the "feather" ornament. But my observations of quite a few cars including my own 49, as well as being asked when registering with club "which bumper version?", leads me to believe that there were 3 versions. I suspect the dealers customers pushed for more "bling." As many of us restorers still do with the accessories (not you West). I have only seen the closed mouth chrome version on 23rd series cars.

I admit that is not absolute certainty, but it does include quite a few cars that appeared to be original.

Posted on: 2009/9/24 11:32
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

mike
See User information
alrighty i got some numbers. above the heater box on the firewall is 844719.
the body # tag 229211492.

Posted on: 2009/9/24 18:55
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
The 2292 makes it a Standard Eight Touring Sedan with a 288ci engine and a 120" wheelbase.

Posted on: 2009/9/24 19:15
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

mike
See User information
Can you tell me the bolt pattern size of my wheels? Thanks again

Posted on: 2009/9/28 22:22
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
5X5". Watch the center hole when buying junkyard wheels, even though Cadillac and big Olds look like they will fit, they won't. The center hole's too small.

Posted on: 2009/9/28 22:26
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

mike
See User information
Ok I am just checking my options. I guess my chrome wheels won't work oh well I do have some cool hubcaps on the way.

Posted on: 2009/9/28 22:32
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Stock hubcaps on plain steel wheels with chrome trim rings give the appearance of a completely chrome wheel and are correct.

Posted on: 2009/9/28 22:35
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

mike
See User information
Yea but my stock caps are dull and won't shine up. I am kind of wanting a little bit of a custom look anyway. I will post pics of my new (old) caps when they get here.

Posted on: 2009/9/29 9:31
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
I'm thinking a set of baby moons and whitewalls would look great on the old 'tubs, I'm thinking of doing that to mine.

Posted on: 2009/9/29 12:04
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved