Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
216 user(s) are online (124 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 216

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Just saying hello.
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
Bob1951 wrote:.....Love the turbo charger on the packard engine. What vintage is the turbo?......

Bob,

Actually it's a McCulloch Supercharger.. Here's some quotes of Brian's from the comments he's posted on YouTube over the past few years.....

"the engine in the video is the clipper 288. the car was built winter of 05 and spring of 06' just installed a 1952/327 with a hand made aluminum cyl head. the trans is the 48 3 speed with the OD. It uses a 37 jr. trans tower so i could get rid of the side shift top. The new engine pulls like a freight train in any gear!"

"the head is a hand made piece machined on a manual mill and it uses two pieces. check the newest video for a look at it, It not the best shot but its there."

"running 3-4 pounds of boost now and plan to run it up to 6 pounds after i ad 2 more carbs. the carbs are not letting the motor breath like it wants to. it is just trial and error with this set up as i cant find many that have done it before."

"When this was shot, the blower was under driven by about 35%. The set up now is driven to Mcculloch specs. So it spins quite a bit faster now"

"The engine will rev up under load to about 4700 before it starts running out of power. The cam is not good for winding the engine up very high. I generally shift it at 4000 to 4500 if I am on it."

Posted on: 2009/9/26 1:31
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

BRIAN THOMAS
See User information
Wow, guys. Thank you for all the nice words. As for the mods to the engine, there are somany I have done to it I will start a new thread in the "modified" area as soon as I find. I will look after posting this. So stay tuned. I have over 500 pictures of the built of the engine.

All the work was done at home.... Brian.

Attach file:

jpg  (85.70 KB)
1664_4ac0382a8ed42.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (93.87 KB)
1664_4ac03883d580c.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2009/9/27 23:12
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
Brian, Keep 'em comin' and please explain what you were doing in each photo, what modifications you are doing and why, if you don't mind.

Posted on: 2009/9/28 7:51
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved