Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
113 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 113

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Feedback on exhaust system suppliers?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Darrell
See User information
Has anyone had experience with the vendor on Ebay - Klasskollection - who is offering Packard (and others) exhaust systems? The prices for a complete system for my '33 1003 seem very reasonable. But, as always, caveat emptor.

Posted on: 2009/9/28 21:10
1933 Packard Super 8 1003
1934 Packard Super 8 1104 Club Sedan
 Top  Print   

Re: Feedback on exhaust system suppliers?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Jim
See User information
I think they are the folks DBA as Kepich Exhaust found in most of the Packard club publications. I bought a complete system for my 1703. It was very well constructed, and works well. I am perfectly happy with the exhaust note. The only issue I have is they sent a section for a long wheelbase car. I had the equipment to section the pipe and correct myself. I would simply suggest you confirm they are sending the correct system for your particular application. I felt the price was very fair.

Best of luck,
Jim

Posted on: 2009/9/28 21:20
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John Harley
See User information
Darrel

Waldron, Kanter, Max Merritt and Bora East. You should get measurements, length, diameter, inlet and outlet size off the existing muffler should you have it. Be prepared to ask questions about the internals. Apparently there are no records as to what was inside this era of muffler. Vendors have come up with different solutions. Some solutions seem to be not very creative and rather unsatisfactory.

"Very reasonable cost" and "1003" might be mutually exclusive

Regards

John Harley

Posted on: 2009/9/28 21:24
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Jim
See User information
Let me offer a word of caution about Waldron's exhaust. We ordered a system that did not even come remotely close to fitting the car. They sent us more pipes that cam no where close to fitting. After the second round, they basically said it was correct and offered no more assistance. We had to get a bender and used torches to make fit. After the affair, my friend sent a letter carefully describing the situation, and steps needed to correct.
No reply. Very poor quality, very poor customer service.

Posted on: 2009/9/28 21:39
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

JoeT
See User information
39super8,
I sent you a PM.

I am the owner of Waldron's. I would like to understand more about the problems with the system we made for your car.

We strive for perfection and do our best to correct any mistakes or incorrect parts. Please call me at the number in the PM so we can discuss your order and how we can resolve the problem.

I'm sorry there were any problems with the system and I want to make certain we understand how to correct the issue for you and for future customers.
Thanks
JoeT

Posted on: 2009/10/5 15:17
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
I think we are seeing some thing interesting happening here
that wouldn't never happen in the AACA forum. Here at Packardinfo we have a member complaining about vendor that he had a problem with.

In the AACA forum PeterG would have deleted the complaint
and swept it under the carpet

Now some one has tipped off the vendor to the complaint post and is now willing to try and get the matter settled.I hope that the complaint can be resolved so that both parties are happy.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2009/10/5 19:55
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
That's why this forum is so much better than the AACA could ever hope to be. Freedom to discuss everything is something that should not be "deleted" or swept under the rug. If someone has a problem with a vendor, they should by all means describe the problem and warn others who may/may not do business with the vendor. Having the vendor in question come on here and offer to resolve the problem speaks volumes of the integrity of the vendor, and makes people want to do business with them more. Once the moderators of the AACA forum understand this, the better their forum will be. Doubtful it will ever happen though.

Posted on: 2009/10/5 20:08
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

kens53clip
See User information
For what it is worth, I bought a tailpipe for my first 53 Clipper from Kepich Exhaust a/k/a Klasskollection in the early 70's and it was fine. Plus the fact that the guy has been in business that long says something for him.
Ken Dunning

Posted on: 2009/10/5 20:50
Ken
53 Clipper Deluxe 4 Dr.

Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

JoeT
See User information
A quick update:
I've been talking with the vehicle owner about the problems with the exhaust system mentioned above. It turns out the comments are related to a 1960 Edsel dual system, not a Packard system.

Based on the customer's feedback, I hope to revise our 60 Edsel data to provide better fit on future systems.

I'm not sure I understand the comments about the AACA website; I also monitor those forums for comments and feedback about exhaust systems in general and our products specifically.
JoeT

Posted on: 2009/10/16 14:20
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
It is AACA or more specifically Peter G's policy to not have any discussions on vendors, if there's a negative connotation to that discussion. If something comes up that turns into a negative discussion about a vendor, it gets swept under the rug there. That doesn't happen here.

Posted on: 2009/10/16 14:36
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved