Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
186 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 184

acolds, kevinpackard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

55 Patrician
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
I bought four shocks today for the Caribbean from a fellow who deals in obsolete shocks. He had just acquired a 55 Patrician which is a good solid car but has much surface rust. Even the doglegs are solid. He did have a disintegrated bearing on the worm end of the T/L motor. The worm gear itself seems OK. I gave him a new bearing and also told him about putting a grease fitting in the plug.
He put all new brakes and a gas line on already. I did notice something that struck me as peculiar. On the trunk the script "Packard Patrician" was chrome-plated not gold? All the other script on the car was gold. Is this normal?
In any case we have a new Packard owner and he should have it painted and on the road next year.

Posted on: 2007/9/18 18:21
 Top  Print   

Re: 55 Patrician
Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
Randy, the chrome script on the trunklid is correct for that car.

Posted on: 2007/9/18 19:53
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Thanks for the response Joel. It's always nice to learn something new.

Posted on: 2007/9/18 22:57
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
With my advancing age, I learn something new every day. Even if I learned it years ago. :)

Posted on: 2007/9/19 14:56
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Randy -

The answer was right under your nose here - in the Model Info page for the 55th Series Patrician:

Quote:
Exterior script plates are gold-plated, except those on trunk, which are done in chrome.

Posted on: 2007/9/19 18:34
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Brian, much like the tool I might be looking for when working on the car. Right in front of me
I wuz gonna say right in my hand but Keith would have too much fun with that one.

Posted on: 2007/9/19 20:08
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
Hey Randy:
Just found this site. I would have answered you also but it seems that it has been taken care of. Talk to all of you later.

Posted on: 2007/12/10 10:12
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved