Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
220 user(s) are online (148 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 219

Ozstatman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Why are there two different lower bell housings?
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I can see where have that small access cover could come in handy. Wish the '54s had that. I remember having to remove the lower bell house to access the rear bolts in the oil pan. What a pain that was. I am going to have to do the same thing when when I drain the convertor.

Posted on: 2009/12/6 19:33
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Quote:
I can see where have that small access cover could come in handy. Wish the '54s had that. I remember having to remove the lower bell house to access the rear bolts in the oil pan. What a pain that was. I am going to have to do the same thing when when I drain the convertor.

Just a brain fart, but I wonder if you could cut a hole in the bottom cover and add the cover? I don't think the lower cover from a V8 would fit a '54 Gear Start, but I've been wrong before on a couple of occasions..

Posted on: 2009/12/7 2:06
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mathew Rattray
See User information
When converting my trans to the 727 we had problems due to the bell housing. I have the solid bell housing and when we spoke to the manufacturer of the conversion kit he was explaining that there should be a slot in the bell housing. We ended up having to cut a slot in the bell housing to solve the problem we were having. My vehicle is 5588-1006 (an early production) so maybe as mentioned in this thread they could have begun production using the solid housing and changed later

Posted on: 2009/12/14 1:37
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved