Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
152 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 151

DM37, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: Garage comfort vs work accomplished
Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
Turbopackman wrote:
Quote:
If I ever come across another '56 Patrician one of these days, I might check into how hard it would be to make it a 4 door HT, might make for an interesting car to say the least...

<p>Yes, that would be very interesting! The 55-56 Packard 4dr is a nice looking car anyway, but an HT version would be great. It would also be a one of a kind, as opposed to various flavors of "Packups" and whatnot that are now extant.</p>
<p>Craig</P>

Posted on: 2009/12/11 19:23
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

R Anderson
See User information
"gotta love the Mopars" ... agreed, they had the most trouble free and advanced mechanicals in the late 50s with T-Flite, which was far better than GM Hydramatic or Dynaflow, and the new wedge 361/383/413 B block, though the 392 hemi was no slouch either. The 58 Imp was, and is, a beautiful car. Me, though, I'd take a 300C or D or an Adventurer... I had one, a 300C vert, back in the 80s when they were just a 5K car, it's hard to imagine that now! I traded a mint black 58 NYer vert for it. Those were the days, my friend! ...and though we thought they'd never end.. they did.

Posted on: 2009/12/11 21:23
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Baird
See User information
OK, so I'm addicted to comfort.

Attach file:

jpg  (43.60 KB)
462_4b243c291c02e.jpg 400X266 px

Posted on: 2009/12/12 19:59
North Hills Packards
2 - 1949 Super Convertibles
1949 Club Sedan
1947 Custom Sedan
Completed a book on the 22nd & 23rd series cars
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
I have a wood burner in the garage. THe problem is that it takes at least a 1/2 hour to get it fired up and burning right so i can leave it. I don;t like to fire up wood burners and then have to leave for the rest of the day unexpectedly which can often happen. So i only fire up the wood burner when i KNOW i'll be within a 1/4 mile of the house at least all day.

So in my case i have good heat. It's just inconvenient.

Posted on: 2009/12/12 22:35
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

R Anderson
See User information
Those ceiling suspended Hot Dawg heaters by Modine look pretty good, and don't take up valuable floor space in a tight garage - anyone have experience with one of them? We just have to have heat here in upstate.

Posted on: 2009/12/13 14:32
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
Overhead gas heaters are very common here in Northern Ontario. I would not want a wood/gas/oil heater with a live flame anywhere near the floor of where I work or store cars as the fumes from a gas spill , which are heavier than air and tend to stay low on the floor, could cause an explosion or fire. Overhead gas /oil furnaces are much safer in that regard.

Posted on: 2009/12/13 14:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
I don't know what current codes are. Some 25 years ago the pilot or anyother flame had to be 16 inches above the floor.

Posted on: 2009/12/13 15:15
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Don't most of the ceiling heaters have electronic ignition now? So no pilot light. I have also seen where lots of them have the burner portion separated with a spark arrester.

Posted on: 2009/12/13 15:25
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Chuckltd
See User information
Quote:

49packard wrote:
OK, so I'm addicted to comfort.

Love the gray one. Is that Lowell grey?

Posted on: 2009/12/13 15:43
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

tbirdman
See User information
Being in Oregon with 5 months of winter rains, I do all my projects in the winter. I have a small 220V electric heater. The installers wanted $2K to install a ^$600 gas heater where I felt comfortable installing the electric. It normally doesn't drop below 32 though we just finsihed a week with mid teens at night.

Because of the size of this project, I put my other car in storage and move my lift with the Packard to the middle of the garage.

Posted on: 2009/12/14 0:34
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 (4)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved