Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
164 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 162

Don B, Oldcaddies , more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Packard Battery Cables Sign
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Sort of....

Eric, Happy New Year to you, and the same to all you other PackardInfo correspondents. Let's hope for a happy, health, and dare I even say prosperous (?) one as well.

Posted on: 2009/12/31 12:55
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

kens53clip
See User information
I saw an ad for Packard Electric, a Division of General Motors, in the 1970's and wrote a letter to them asking if there was any relation to the Packard Motorcar, and they sent me a brochure about the history of Packard Electric saying that they were originally founded by J.W. & W.D. Packard, although they were later sold to General Motors. They also sent me a copy of a PMC publication published in-house (and apparently typewritten) about the time of the 50th Anniversary (1949) entitled "Saga of Packard" containing some of the history and facts about PMC. So their relations must have been friendly enough for PMC to send Packard Electric a copy of that. I still have the "Saga of Packard" and could scan it and post a copy if anyone is interested.
Ken

Posted on: 2009/12/31 12:57
Ken
53 Clipper Deluxe 4 Dr.

Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
I gleaned this froma Google search;

Packard Electric

"The Packard Electric Company was formed in Warren, Ohio, in 1890 and initially produced incandescent light bulbs. Branching out to automobiles, it built the first Packard motor car in 1899. The Packard Motor Car Company was split off from Packard Electric in 1902 and Packard Electric began focusing more and more of its business on automotive components. Packard Electric became part of General Motors in 1932. By the 1980s, it was the industry's leading producer of wire harnesses and other electrical automotive components. It became part of Delphi Automotive Systems in 1995. Today known as Delphi Packard Electric Systems, it remains part of Delphi Automotive Systems, which was spun off from GM in 1999."

Posted on: 2009/12/31 13:37

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved