Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
114 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 113

Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Re: snow (or why I couldn't work on my Packard today)
Home away from home
Home away from home

R Anderson
See User information
East coast weather is so flukey -we were in VT last weekend, some areas S of Burlington had bare ground. Here in Binghamton we got nada last weekend, when just to the S in PA,MD,VA they got hammered. We literally have bare ground showing in many spots also at the moment... we're not going to be so lucky tomorrow though apparently. I for one am counting days to Spring!!

Posted on: 2010/2/9 14:49
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
Y'all meen y'all spread yur grits on the ground. we be keepin ares in a box until ther cooked..........

(smile from a transplanted yankee)

Posted on: 2010/2/9 18:10
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
Living here in central Penna. I found that since I purchased
a Troy built 8 horsepower snow blower in 1994 has made snow removal very easy.

I clean 400 foot of walks and three driveways for myself and my neighbors. With a bad back I don't do any more shoveling than I have to.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2010/2/9 19:54
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

ScottG
See User information
All this snow talk makes me think of Forbes Magazine's recent weather rankings. Now, not only do we here in Cleveland compete for the 'poorest city' title every year, we can now claim, once and for all, the mantle as America's Worst Winter Weather City!" Yahoo!

Forbes' America's Worst Winter Weather Cities

See you in spring (which arrives in Cleveland around July 4!)

Posted on: 2010/2/9 20:33
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
Surprisingly here on the northern shore of Lake Superior I have only had my 11HP snowblower out once all winter and that was over the Christmas holidays to remove about 4-6" of wet snow. Some years it seems that I have to plow the driveway every few days for months on end but this winter there is less than 1' of snow accumulated on the ground where we usually have 4-5' Even the temperatures are mild with a week lng thaw in early January and warmer than average since then. Crazy weather.

Posted on: 2010/2/9 20:39

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I'm surprised at that list. I would have thought Buffalo and it's lake effect snow would be a top contender but it didn't even place.

Not all that sure lists are worth much anyway since the negative criteria for some might be a positive for someone else.

Posted on: 2010/2/9 20:46
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

R Anderson
See User information
Ya the NY lake effect area has to be far worse, for snow at least, than OH - I remember a couple years ago Oswego got 200 inches in a couple of weeks!!! That was probably when that "wall of snow" picture posted here was taken.. as far as I'm concerned that place is not fit for human habitation!! TG the 80 mi South of there that we are puts us just out of the lake effect snow area.

Posted on: 2010/2/9 21:17
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Snow Blowers???? Everyone must have paved drives and sidewalks. I have to use a Ferguson TO20 with a 6 foot scraper blade. Here in Tennessee only about twiced a year. 6 inches last friday. Neighbors NEW mustang wouldn't move out of their drive any further than 2 feet. I heard the engine racing in the Mustang and drove over there with the tractor to plow her out at 7pm that nite.

500+ feet of drive way and graveled, the snow blowers just won't last without shearing a shear pin around here.

BTW. THe Fergy is a 1951, all original 6 volt and i've never changed the engine coolant in it since 1994 when i bought it. NO PROBLEMS!!! Starts and runs at 10 below zero F and 107 degrees F. NO problems.

Posted on: 2010/2/9 21:55
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
Buffalo deserves a nod for sure but in Rochester they only have 2 seasons, winter and the 4th of July.

Posted on: 2010/2/9 22:10
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

mikec
See User information
were supposed to get 8-15 inches toight and through tommorow. I dont bother with snowblowers, they tgake too long in anything but the lightest snow and here on the coast the snow is almost allways slushy and miserable. This winter though, has been nice. that big december storm left us with 20+ inches of dry powder.

for the smallest stors i run a snapper lt16 with a homemade electric lift plow, for medium heavy i run an early 70s international cub lowboy with a loader. For the heaviest stuff, i run a 1991 Dodge w350, powerd by a mildly modified Cummins diesel with an 8foot fisher highway plow.

Posted on: 2010/2/9 22:13
Daily Driver:
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved