Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
205 user(s) are online (131 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 205

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: driving law
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
I'd also like to see JW come to tn. and try to drive I-40 from Nashville to Memphis at any time between 6am and 6pm. I wouldn't even ask him try it from one side of Nashville to the other.

Posted on: 2010/3/4 17:58
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
One thing that has me most bewildered is the extreme amount of traffic even on many of the outer lying pig paths and cow trails of Tn. A collapsing economy coupled with high unemployment among other current national problems has me wondering. Where are all of those people going and HOW???
IT cost MONEY to run down the road!
I just don't understand it. It's extremely congested here constantly from 6am to 7 or 8pm at nite. And it's not like middle Tn. is a major population area.

Posted on: 2010/3/4 18:12
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Quote:

PackardV8 wrote:
I'd also like to see JW come to tn. and try to drive I-40 from Nashville to Memphis at any time between 6am and 6pm. I wouldn't even ask him try it from one side of Nashville to the other.

I did. A few years ago my brother and I drove the Interstate from Little Rock, through Memphis, and on to Chattanooga. We were going to the Civil War battlefield park. There was solid 18-wheel traffic on the outside lane, and heavy traffic. On the return trip, not wanting to repeat that experience, we took a nice secondary road in Mississippi back to Memphis. Great road, no traffic, an nice scenery. The more traffic, the more careful you must be.

(o {I} o)

Posted on: 2010/3/4 18:54
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

duh
See User information
I think Tennessee has a bit of a transplant issue like western north Carolina. Most of our congestion here is a result of Floridians and new yorkers that have infiltrated our communities as a place of retirement. I could safely say 99% of these folks do whatever they wish regardless of economic circumstance.

I40 for us has had the majority of its traffic diverted due to a landslide. Could be backlash on the Tennessee side due to that as well.

I understand that sometimes you cannot move over for stalled or emergency vehicles, but you CAN slow down. The video that was posted earlier is a terrible reminder that it only takes a millionth of a second to cause a fatal slipup.

There have been two incidents in the last year for me that could have been avoided if someone had paid attention. A father on the way to his daughters graduation pulled out in front of my truck and I ended up taking off his front bumper. It could have been him if I hadn't ditches it in the median. The other was a 19 year old girl that ran a red light, while text messaging, and I hit her driver side front door doing 55. Both vehicles were totalled. What hurt me the most was I was out of a 36k dollar work truck. She can't walk. All over a text message. Shame.

I sound callous, but both of these things could have easily been avoided. Just think out there folks.

Posted on: 2010/3/4 20:40
If it wasn't for those meddling kids, and their dog too...

1952 200 deluxe touring- its a goer...but not a stopper. Just ask my neighbour about her flower bed.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

R Anderson
See User information
You TN folks don't know from traffic - try the BQE - Brooklyn Queens Expressway, the Major Degan Expwy to Brooklyn, the Cross Bronx Expwy, or the LIE - Long Island Expressway... then you can tell me about congestion!

Posted on: 2010/3/4 21:02
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
Firedome: Traffic congestion in the New York City area can't be any worse than in Philly.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2010/3/4 21:14
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
You should try the Macdonald-Cartier Freeway (the "401") going through Toronto if you crave a busy road. I gleaned this from Wikiwatchamacallit
" In fact, the segment of Highway 401 passing through Toronto has the distinction of being North America's busiest freeway"

I drove into Nashville TN from the north on I-24 last March in my old motorhome in the morning around 10AM. It was snowing at the time. I was in Louisville KY once during a snowstorm and was appalled at how poorly the drivers understood driving on snow covered roads but in Nashville I was needlessly worried. This was was not a bad experience. I found the traffic fairly light and the drivers courteous and well behaved. In fact I found Nashville a very pleasant city to visit and had no problems driving around in the motorhome. The best part of this trip in Tennessee was the Natchez Trace Parkway. I took it all the way down to Natchez MS and enjoyed every mile even though it rained and was cold almost the whole way.

Posted on: 2010/3/4 21:26

Anonymous
hai iam terror when those people are not able so this type of situation what we do? because its not possible for everyone quickly wake then they go when these situation must for men work very eaisly and police take action against those who are responsible for all things

Audi A6
Resized Image

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Daniel Leininger
See User information
What was that?

Posted on: 2010/3/5 9:00
[i][size=small][color=000066]Dan'L in SD
41ParPack
First of the Clippers
[
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

scottie
See User information
It really doesn't matter where you are located, the sensibility and courtesy of drivers has gone the way of the dodo bird. Personally, I blame this on two items. #1 Cell phones. For some reason, society has deemed a Pavlovian response to a ringing phone is acceptable. This miniature idiot box will tell you who is calling. You can always wait until you can pullover and call them back, but NNOOOO!
#2 Video games. These may teach "hand/eye co-ordination" and in some instances may even be utilized as a viable teaching tool. However, more often than not, they are nothing more than a compulsive waste of money and time. They DO NOT teach common sense, which, all too sadly, is as difficult to find now as trust.

Posted on: 2010/3/5 9:58
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved