Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
256 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 255

Ozstatman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1939 Rivera Models?
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Where these just specially painted and unholstered models? I've never heard a reference to them before.

Attach file:

jpg  (140.74 KB)
1_4bb51572c60b3.jpg 836X1083 px

Posted on: 2010/4/1 16:52
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Re: 1939 Rivera Models?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Kev, though uncataloged special paint and trim schemes were common enough throughout Packard's history, that's a document I've never seen, and never heard of "Riveria" paint and trim schemes. Very interesting document, where did you run across it?

Tenite is an early plastic based on butyl esters of cellulosic (wood fiber) components. At the time it was considered more elegant and versatile than the simple phenolics or novolacs (bakelites).

Posted on: 2010/4/1 19:58
 Top  Print   

Re: 1939 Riviera Models?
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Dave,

That is page 4 of the 1939 Service Letter Vol. 13 No. 9, found here on the website. I would imagine there were probably General Letters and Trade Letters on the subject about the same time. But I do not have any access to any of those.

I asked the question as I had never heard reference to a Riviera trim package before.

Posted on: 2010/4/1 20:40
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Re: 1939 Riviera Models?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
A dull day that you don't learn something new, so much to know, so little time to gather it in. Thanks for posting that item.

Posted on: 2010/4/1 21:14
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
A new piece of history drops into our laps after all these years. Did Buick know they didn't invent the name . I love it. Thank you Kev - great discovery!

Posted on: 2010/4/1 21:39
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Amazing the stuff that is out there! Now you know why I want to get as much info scanned as possible for the archive. Knowledge is good. It would be interesting to find the trade letters on this subject and the marketing promotion behind it.

Posted on: 2010/4/1 22:11
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Jim
See User information
Wow! That is interesting. I wish mine were a Rivera model.

I can say from first hand experience that tenite was not durable or long lived. This is not only what the knobs were constructed of, but the dash in the 39 Super 8 and 40 180. I dare say there is not one original in existence that is not cracked and distorted to varying degrees.

Thanks Kev very much for posting!

Jim

Posted on: 2010/4/1 23:10
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved