Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
196 user(s) are online (122 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 195

TxGoat, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Packard Oiling System Parts including Oldsmobile Oil Pump Conversion Kit update
Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
Quote:
what kind of field testing has been done, on how many cars and what are the results? Has the volume and pressure been measured and how does it compare to original? (snip)

When I was selling the kits, I sold over 60 units with 100% satisfaction. Some guys reported ZERO oil pressure at idle when hot with the ORIGINAL pump and then 25+PSI under the same conditions with the HV pump. Everyone I sold a kit to used the HV pump, so I do not know how the STD pump works in practice.

Craig

Posted on: 2010/5/5 9:29
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print   

Re: Packard Oiling System Parts including Oldsmobile Oil Pump Conversion Kit update
Home away from home
Home away from home

Jack Vines
See User information
When asked for an opinion, I say:

If the Packard V8 engine has been rebuilt and all clearances are to spec, then the standard Oldsmobile pump should provide sufficient oil pressure and volume.

If the engine has not been recently rebuilt and/or is at present experiencing low oil pressure/clicking lifters, then use the high volume pump.

thnx, jack vines

Posted on: 2010/5/5 10:20
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Early on with the kit one of the Golden Hawk guys mentioned problems with the HV pump and leaking past a seal. Believe he went to the standard Olds pump and that resolved the issue. Was there ever any followup as to why he had he problems like maybe it was a fresh & tight engine or has anyone else had an issue.

Posted on: 2010/5/5 10:26
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jack Vines
See User information
That was Joe Hall and his engine didn't need/like the extra volume. He installed the standard pump, but also enlarged the drainback hole in the rear main cap. Either way, he had no further leaks.

thnx, jack vines

Posted on: 2010/5/5 14:14
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John Miller
See User information
Jack, need to place an order. Do you have an e-mail or business phone #?
Thank You
John Miller

Posted on: 2010/6/4 8:43
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved