Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
192 user(s) are online (127 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 191

Ozstatman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

'41 120 Station Wagon by Hercules
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

34Eight
See User information
The same seller that had the barn find wheelchair 180 listed a 1941 120 Station Wagon by Hercules
that came from the same stash.

Resized Image

Selling price---$75,901.99. Wonder if there were two or more folks who wanted it really badly,
or if that's an average price for a car in such condition?
It's a very handsome car...

TG

Posted on: 2010/5/21 9:50
Resized ImageLuck is When Preparation Meets Opportunity
 Top  Print   

Re: '41 120 Station Wagon by Hercules
Home away from home
Home away from home

Rusty O\'Toole
See User information
Wait till you see what they want for it restored.

Old Cars Price Guide says $11,800 for a #4.

Posted on: 2010/5/21 10:40
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
A couple of years back a local 1941 110 Hercules sold for about $125,000. It was an outstanding car, but not a body-off restoration. And all wood was original and in just outstanding condition. Wood refinished, new paint and interior, chrome, and driveline rebuilt of course. Those Hercules can really command a price!

Posted on: 2010/5/21 10:58
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
It is nice. I'm also fond of 41 styling. Is that a metal top or something fabric like stretched over wood? The joint over the windshield calls attention to what appears to be where Packard stops and Hercules starts. Were they built on a commercial chassis or did they modify something else.

Posted on: 2010/5/21 11:30
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
The wagon is built on the standard 1900 chassis, 122 inch WB. The roof covering is a rubberoid, similar in composition though different in the grain pattern from what was used for the roof inserts in prior years.

Posted on: 2010/5/21 11:56
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

portlandon
See User information
That car has a certain patina that I admire. I hope they don't restore it. Just get it running, clean it up, maybe reupholster the seats and enjoy it.

The wood doesn't look to bad on it. A good cleaning would probably make it very presentable.

Posted on: 2010/5/21 12:20
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

34Eight
See User information
Resized Image

There's a lot of good info on Hercules over at Coachbuilt.com

TG

Posted on: 2010/5/21 12:59
Resized ImageLuck is When Preparation Meets Opportunity
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rusty O\'Toole
See User information
It was probably built on a standard cowl and chassis that Packard sold for coachbuilt cars. In other words the same setup used for a custom bodied car.

They could be ordered with different springs, side mount tires etc.

Posted on: 2010/5/21 16:43
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim Kavanagh
See User information
One of these sold a couple months back at an RM Auction in Amelia Island. It sold for $159,500. It was fully restored, although it does not say "frame off". following is part of the auction description:

"The example offered here was discovered in relatively poor condition, making it obvious that a full restoration would be required to return the car to its original grandeur. Accordingly, it was painstakingly restored with a host of both new old stock and restored original parts from other Packards over a lengthy four-year period. Custom mahogany and ash panels and framing were cut and fitted following factory specifications. The new wood also features all the correct finger joints and construction. The result was spectacular - a better than new Packard."

you can see this athttp://www.rmauctions.com/CarDetails.cfm?SaleCode=AM10&CarID=r247

The "guidance" was $100 -$150. I had an absentee bid in closer to the bottom of the range, though I suspected it would go closer to the top. I love woodies and have a '49 Plymouth and I love my '41 Packard. If I could combine them, can't think of anything better.

It is hard for me to beleive that the buyer will be able to do a full restoration and have less than $150,000 in it. But it will be a great car.

Posted on: 2010/5/24 9:44
1941 Touring Sedan
1952 250 Convertible
1932 902 Rumble seat Coupe

Who is John Galt?
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved