Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
161 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 161

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: First Drive in my new "Pack-Rat"
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
Packard V8, I appreciate where you are coming from. In Ontario a landowner can kill any animal other than a deer or moose or endangered species in protection of property so shooting the squirrels which are eating the apples you want for yourself is justifiable. On the other hand chasing wildlife with a car, boat, airplane or snowmobile, ATV etc. is just plain inhumane and it is sick behaviour!. As a game warden I never had a bit of remorse for throwing the book at people, city folk or redneck, who kill or maim wildlife or any animal for "fun" in fact it gave me great satisfaction taking them to court! As for the pheasant that was hit; my read on it is that since it was together with a group of birds it was probably a juvenile bird that was learning to fly but that really isn't the point is it since the driver wasn't really interested in wildlife management (killing diseased birds) or killing the bird so that he could protect his property (like with your squirrel problem) or because he needed something to eat? He did it as a "joke" which to me isn't very funny! 'nuff said.

Posted on: 2010/8/5 18:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Dave, well said.

(o{I}o)

Posted on: 2010/8/6 9:55
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

portlandon
See User information
Packardv8, well said.
Dave,well said.

Posted on: 2010/8/6 10:13
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
...chasing wildlife with a car, boat, airplane or snowmobile, ATV etc. is just plain inhumane and it is sick behaviour!.

Dave, not that I want to see this thread turn into one on social behaviour but I'm firmly in your camp on that!!

Posted on: 2010/8/6 11:22
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Stephen Houseknecht
See User information
Clipper 47,

Amen, brother.

Posted on: 2010/8/6 13:24
Stephen
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

kens53clip
See User information
Maybe I am missing something here. Bob was on a road in a car where he had a right to be. The birds were blocking the road. He said he was joking about running them down. He raced the engine to try to scare them away, thinking the noise would scare them so that they would move off of the road. Unfortunately one of them did not. I do not read that as intending to run them down. Who wants to have birds hitting the front of their Packard? I would give Bob a break here.
Ken

Posted on: 2010/8/6 15:58
Ken
53 Clipper Deluxe 4 Dr.

Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

portlandon
See User information
Can we end this back & forth already?

Hasn't everything already been said regarding the Birds?

This is a Packard forum. Lets not drag this out.

Posted on: 2010/8/6 19:36
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Frank
See User information
Our family cares alot about animals also but the story sounds like it describes an accident. However, sometimes horsing around in a car or around a car could have unintended consequence. I knew a few kids who were drinking at a party and one kid went out in the neighborhood street and mooned a car. With his back turned he was hit by the car. He lived but had to have several operations and was never the same. I realize I've gone a little off track with this story but I just wouldn't want to see anyone get hurt driving at really high speeds. Another quick story was I was in a car with a friend who drove over a shopping bag. Little did he know the bag had a few bricks in it. Anyway I as guilty as the next person taking a 450SL up to 112 till it shook on the road but I was 21 at the time. You tend to mellow out when you have kids and hope they wont do what you did growing up. Stay safe - all.

Posted on: 2010/8/6 20:08
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Nice post Frank. I'm not a kid anymore. But i still like to drive up and down country roads and toss empties out the window. I'm such a litter bug!!!! Gufwah ha ha ha ha ha.

Posted on: 2010/8/6 20:13
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

A man who owns one!
See User information
I am amazed at what my little story has started. Wow! Really! I didn't think that anybody even reads what I type. My ONLY apology is sharing my experience with what I thought were like minded people. If you think that my intentions were to put my packard in harms way you are a complete F'n moron. If you were to spend every spare minute you have for 6 months building a wooden boat, would you sail it down white water rapids? I am just a kid to most, I've had a drivers license for 10 years. I spent most of that on the backroads of the mid-west. If you were a native to the area, one would know that that sequence of events is extremely rare. In fact it was the first time any of my vehicles have ever hit a bird. I am old enough to know that no matter what I type in this box YOU and I will not agree. Your stab, I felt, was unjustified. I was sharing my experience with like minded packard owners. The type that enjoy their car on the road, more than sitting in the garage. I've done alot of things that most don't agree with on this site. I wrote stories about how I built my packard using other than genuine parts. Yet I've only recieved positive feedback. I've taken note and tried to take the same approach. So like momma said " If don't have anything nice to say, SHOVE IT!" I'm sorry you choose this venue to speak your mind for many reasons. I hope his cousin finds your packard to be a great place for a bowel movement.

Posted on: 2010/8/7 14:24
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved