Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
167 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 164

pmhowe, Jack Vines, todd landis, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: Newbie here,with a question about an engine swap.
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Palanirides
See User information
Thank you,Eric. I wish I did know someone who lived nearby that region of the country.I'm leaning toward the Ebay seller at the moment. After all,he DID post the ad in his name originally,and I doubt he'd want his unblemished record sullied. I'll see where it goes.
...Would consignment work via a nearby dealer in cars I wonder?

Posted on: 2010/9/7 2:34
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
If you can get ahold of someone who deals in cars maybe, but I'd put more stock in finding someone who's got a good understanding on Packards and knows what to look for.

Incidentially, this car is a Model 2277, verified it from looking at completed listings on ebay. Here's a link to the model info:

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/modelinfo/viewmodel.php?modelnum=2277&ButtonLookup=Go

1740 cars made, not too many left I'd wager. I'd love to have this car if I had the cash to buy it, it'd be a perfect complement to my '48 coupe.

Posted on: 2010/9/7 3:37
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
I've been tempted by this car myself but with the '41 awaiting restoration I have my hands full and besides, what I really, really want is a '46-'47 Custom Super Clipper to round out the collection.

So where is the car? The eBay listing comment (8/29/10) says it's in Sweet Springs, MO. This is further than Olathe, KS (163 miles vs 54 miles round trip).

Posted on: 2010/9/7 9:54
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Palanirides
See User information
That looks like it,Turbo.

By the way,are these big destroyers hard to steer? They are sans power steering,right?

:)

Posted on: 2010/9/7 12:41
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rusty O\'Toole
See User information
Not hard at all provided the front suspension is in good shape AND has had an alignment job.

The only time it's hard to turn the wheel is when the car is at a dead stop, solution, do your steering when the car is moving. Even if it is barely moving the steering becomes much easier.

You also have to get used to the big steering wheel and the number of turns. All part of the leverage necessary to steer a heavy car without power assist.

Watch some old movies from the 40s and see the drivers sawing the wheel back and forth. That's not hammy over acting, that's how the cars steered back then.

You soon get used to driving in, shall we say, a stately manner to your Stately Manor? You don't buy a car like that because you want a sports car.

Posted on: 2010/9/7 14:22
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 (4)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved