Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
95 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 94

acolds, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 »

rear foot rests
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

ted
See User information
I see where rear foot rests were still available on the 51& 52 400 models. Are these available for sale anywhere if they are missing?? or would I have to find a parts car??

Also, the 400 emblem that shows on the rear portion of a 51 & 52 are they for sale somewhere or again from a parts car??

From the pics I am seeing on the 51 I am looking at these items are missing,,,thanks for your imput.

Posted on: 2010/9/8 12:06
 Top  Print 

Re: rear foot rests
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I think they are more properly called foot hassocks and they were available as an option thru at least 1954, my 54 Patrician had a pair.

Posted on: 2010/9/8 13:18
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

ted
See User information
Thanks Owen,,,I thought I read on the model info that they were standard,,,my old eyes are getting to me again,,your 54 Patrician would not have the 400 emblem since they changed to the Patrician was that a option also??

Posted on: 2010/9/8 14:04
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Ted, I sold my 54 Patrician in the mid-70s and don't honestly recall about the badging. The hassocks could have been standard in the Patrican, don't know, but they're not listed as standard equipment in the 1954 Salesman's Data Book.

Posted on: 2010/9/8 14:58
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
If the foot hassocks will fit 51 - 54 then why wouldn't they also fit 55 and 56???? Same bodies. I've seen the Packard foot hassocks. Anyone got a pic???

Posted on: 2010/9/8 15:16
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

bingster
See User information
Here they are in the back of a Derham FS. I really don't see why these couldn't be easily made up of carpet covered plywood. And why does it always seem that the carpet on the hassocks never matches the carpet on the floor?

Attach file:

jpg  (81.47 KB)
2016_4c87f5feda66b.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2010/9/8 15:46
Darrin ~ 2472
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

ted
See User information
I thought they were were made of chrome on the sides and then carpet on the front, something like sitting in a barbers chair with a foot rest,but I guess you could make them out of plywood and then carpet over that, but how would you secure them to the floor?? or would they just sort of be there??

any info on the 400 badges?? where they an option or standard??

Posted on: 2010/9/8 16:04
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Hassocks shown by bingster are the same as those that were in my 54 Patrician, except mine had carpet which matched the floor carpeting. They were heavy and tended to stay in place, in part because they were also carpeted on the bottom which made a kind of no-slip surface against the floor carpet. The kind of foot rest ted is speaking of was long since discontinued by this time.

Attach file:

jpg  (98.07 KB)
177_4c87fc6d840a6.jpg 888X1184 px

Posted on: 2010/9/8 16:11
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Interesting topic. In the back of my '54 Clipper the are angled fixed sheet metal foot rests(?) that are welded to to the floor. Did the hassocks attach over these?

Posted on: 2010/9/8 16:33
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
The hassocks are listed in the 55-56 parts book. I think you ordered them and gave the trim number so they matched the carpet. Not sure if they came from the factory or were a dealer supplied item.

Posted on: 2010/9/8 16:45
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved