Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
197 user(s) are online (133 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 197

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: very confused
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Heather Moss
See User information
This is a 53 Clipper that was sold new through Kellow-Faulkner in Melbourne Australia.
It had only one owner until I saw it advertised in a Melbourne newspaper in 1974. It came with all the service records etc.. so I would think it's original.
Although we have noted many differences in Packard models that were exported to Australia.

I decided to send this picture in because it still had the hood ornament in place.

Attach file:

jpg  (56.81 KB)
159_4c94c2ff021ac.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2010/9/18 8:47
Heather M
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

kens53clip
See User information
54 Packard Clipper,
I have a 53 Packard Clipper Deluxe. The main differences between my car and your standard Clipper as originally sold are mine had a 327 cu. in. straight eight, slightly upgraded upholstery, and wheel trim rings. You can see pictures of mine in my blog, a link to which is near my signature. Yours has (or had) a 288 cu. in. straight 8, slightly less fancy upholstery than mine, and no trim rings. The standard Clipper came with the airplane type hood ornament, a picture of which is in Heather's picture. However, for a bit more $, you could get the Pelican (sometimes called a Cormorant) hood ornament as an option. So the holes on your hood could be for the Pelican hood ornament. A picture of my Pelican hood ornament is attached. A lot of the options that could be gotten on the senior Packards could also be gotten as options on the Clipper. Hope that helps!

P.S. Also, the Deluxe has different chrome side trim than the regular Clipper.

Attach file:

jpg  (19.57 KB)
1216_4c98e5b1a39b3.jpg 615X398 px

Posted on: 2010/9/21 12:05
Ken
53 Clipper Deluxe 4 Dr.

Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
The normal '54 Clipper Hood ornament looks like this (arrow head style). As others have said you could upgrade to the Senior hood ornament which requires drilling a couple extra holes in the hood do to it's longer length. I did this with my '54 Clipper Deluxe.

Attach file:

jpg  (12.93 KB)
1_4c98e92e24e8b.jpg 400X261 px

jpg  (20.69 KB)
1_4c98e94ce226e.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2010/9/21 12:20
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved