Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
217 user(s) are online (130 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 217

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Exhaust Deflector
Home away from home
Home away from home

J.R. Buzzell
See User information
I need to know what the original exhaust deflector for a 23rd sries car looked like. I have seen cars with the same one I have and the one that Kanter seems to carry. Just put up a picture and discription of where I can get it when someone finds out. Thanks!

This is the one on my car now.

Attach file:

jpg  (110.14 KB)
2880_4ccae5f8f092c.jpg 1600X1200 px

Posted on: 2010/10/29 10:19
J.R. Buzzell

1949 23rd Series Deluxe Eight Touring Sedan
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/index.php?Action=view&ID=867
 Top  Print   

Re: Exhaust Deflector
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I believe most postwar up until 55 had something along this style. This shows in 22nd series acc book as well as 51 & 54.

Attach file:

jpg  (20.35 KB)
209_4ccaea78d8417.jpg 567X351 px

Posted on: 2010/10/29 10:38
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
Here's what it looks like from the 22nd series accessory book. I doubt it changed for the 23rd series.

Have you downloaded the extensive collection of literature/manuals available here for your car? If you haven't, I'd really recommend it.

Attach file:

jpg  (39.79 KB)
188_4ccaeaf64bfdc.jpg 603X507 px

Posted on: 2010/10/29 10:40
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

J.R. Buzzell
See User information
Hey, JD where can I get that rear bumper guard?

Posted on: 2010/10/29 11:46
J.R. Buzzell

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/index.php?Action=view&ID=867
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
They show up occasionally on eBay. Those things always looked to me like you were transporting a piece of gym equipment that wouldn't quite fit in the trunk, but it is a very 1950's sort of accessory (like curb feelers, windshield shades, evaporative coolers that hook on the window, rear window blinds, illuminated colored plastic cormorant wings, 'Desert' water bag hanging from the front fender, window rain guards, dual spotlights, etc.).

Posted on: 2010/10/29 16:26
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

J.R. Buzzell
See User information
Do you know if there is a place that makes the reproduction rear bumper guard or the illuminated comorant hood ornament?

Posted on: 2010/10/29 19:55
J.R. Buzzell

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
I've got those bumper guards on the front and rear of my '48, and I'm seriously thinking of removing them. They'll need to be re-chromed, so they'd be cheap. Let me know if you're interested, I'd like to sell them as a pair.

Posted on: 2010/10/29 20:09
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

J.R. Buzzell
See User information
How bad is the chrome, Eric? Is it like totally pitted out and rusted, or just kind of foggy without any shine?

Posted on: 2010/10/29 20:41
J.R. Buzzell

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
They're steel, so I'd say pitted out and rusted. It would be an easy fix if you wanted to try. I just don't like the looks of them very much so I was thinking of getting rid of them. I can send you pics if you like, send me your email in a pm and I'll get some good pics taken tomorrow.

Posted on: 2010/10/29 20:54
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

J.R. Buzzell
See User information
Thanks a lot, Eric! I sent you the address.

Posted on: 2010/10/30 0:24
J.R. Buzzell

Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved