Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
145 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 142

Packard5687, West Peterson, Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

Re: 1950 6-Cyl Packard Motor.
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Plenty of downloadable pictures of White trucks at www.classicwhitetrucks.com.

For example, a WA-series.

Attach file:

jpg  (30.45 KB)
177_4cfec6e4c639a.jpg 324X400 px

Posted on: 2010/12/7 18:39
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi

What White truck chassis were the Packard Six used in? I may know where an early '50's White school bus is if it hasn't been junked. I would check it out to see if it has that engine an what the motor number is.

Steve

Posted on: 2010/12/7 20:06
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
The Packard 1T-245 was used in the small version of the White cab-over-engine series 3000, specifically the 3014 model. I believe I posted White's ad for it earlier in this thread, or perhaps in another similar thread. You can also learn more about it in Robert Neal's book (see Packard Bookshelf in main menu).

White generally made their own engines in the gasoline engine truck era; most just postwar White engines were continuations of the flat-head series made prewar and for half-tracks in WW II. One of their last incarnations of their flathead six was in the Mustang series; it was 386 cubic inches and in use around 1960, perhaps later and probably earlier. White did purchase Hercules about 1969 so there may at times be some confusion about who made or used what engine, White or Hercules.

Posted on: 2010/12/7 20:11
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

55PackardGuy
See User information
Reading this thread has been well worth it, if only for the Paul Jones Whiskey White truck with the Packard-like grille, and the tag line "A Gentleman's Whiskey." I've searched my whole life for a whiskey that would make me a gentleman. So far, Wild Turkey is the closest I've come. Need more info on Paul Jones, please.

Rusty, all you need to do is to click the "Choose File" button at under your post, then choose a pic downloaded to your computer, click "Attach File" and usually, unbelievably, it works!

Posted on: 2010/12/9 23:13
Guy

[b]Not an Expert[/
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

packardtaximan
See User information
After reading this post again a bolt of lightning struck me right between the ears. What are your thoughts of this engine having been used to power Federal trucks?
Packard/Federal sold Packard 6cyl taxi cabs and they also sold Federal trucks. I have found a ad for the 1948 Federal truck with a 245ci engine. I should have made the connection of Packard taxies/ Federal trucks right from the start.
I will seek more information on the connection. Maybe one of you already knows if it is worthy of investigating.
Packardtaximan

Posted on: 2012/1/8 21:47
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved