Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
164 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 164

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Packard Memorablia
Just popping in
Just popping in

eppy
See User information
Hello fellas, I'm new to this site. I've been on many auto forums in my day, but this is my first post on PackardInfo.com. I love finding sites that have the best knowledge and full insight on specific makes and this certainly seems to be the place to come get packard info.

I am actually posting to get some info on some Packard memorabilia I came across a few years back. I am honestly trying to see if this stuff is worth anything and if this is the place to find people interested.

First I have this "Post War Years" Poster with heavy foam board backing. I found a few places online that look like they used to sell it, but no one seems to have it available anymore. It says it was copyrighted in 1975. I would say its 8/10 condition. I have a front shot and a side shot so you can see the board thickness.
Click to see original Image in a new window

The next appears to be an old article or publication for the 1936 Packard Eight-Super Eight-Twelve-Packard 120. Dare I say it's from a 1936 publication? It has been kept wrapped in plastic for years and year with a cardboard back to prevent any wrinkles. The article resembles some of the text I have seen for the 1930s sales bulletins. I have included shots of the page, closeups, and shots of the article that appears on the back of this page.

Any info would be useful. I am not familiar with Packards or the literature that went along with them. Please let me know what I've got here and if its anything to be excited about.

Thanks a lot!

Posted on: 2010/12/14 21:56
 Top  Print   

Re: Packard Memorablia
Just popping in
Just popping in

eppy
See User information
First, let me apologize for my lack of knowledge in sizing my images. It looks as though this post opens up with images as large as a Packard itself.

Does anyone have any information regarding these pieces?

Thanks gents!

Posted on: 2010/12/18 21:14
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I can only speak to the poster. It was published by the same people that did (do) the Automobile Quarterly book and the huge Kimes edited Packard history book you may see or hear mentioned on this site. The time frame you mention is about right. Believe there were two of them to make a Packard set -- a pre war and then the post war you show.

There were also posters for several other makes as part of an entire "series" of posters. Don't remember the price but was not terribly expensive. If yours is mounted, the purchaser must have had it done. I believe they were only available in a rolled single sheet when new. From time to time they show up on ebay.

Posted on: 2010/12/18 22:00
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Howard,

I stumbled across those posters decades ago at AQ's tent at Fall Hershey. IIRC, there were three for Packard: The Early Years, The Prewar Years, and The Postwar Years. However, I can't recall the break point between years covered by the early and the prewar editions.

The images on those posters were same as used in the color plates of the Kimes' ...History book. I believe AQ offered similar posters for several other brands, and they all sold well.

Years later, they reprinted some of those posters - including The PostWar Years, but not the other two. It was still available, online, from AQ a few years ago, but no more.

I also only ever saw them sold by AQ rolled, not mounted.

Posted on: 2010/12/18 23:38
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Brian. you're right. There were three posters for Packard. I had the pre and post and a Studebaker poster.

Posted on: 2010/12/18 23:47
Howard
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

eppy
See User information
great info guys. I figured it was something along those lines.

Any additional info is welcome. I have no idea on that 36 Packard article though.

-eppy

Posted on: 2010/12/19 21:08
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved