Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
203 user(s) are online (131 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 201

BigKev, 2T9-626, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: back up lights
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Slight error on my part. Your switch may be round, earlier was rectangular. Max Merritt lists them as available so you will need the entire assy if yours is missing. Kanter might have them also.

Again, even though a Patrician if you don't find any wires, cut off or just hanging, it may be an option not installed so those would have to be run as well. Instructions for full install are in the accessories section of manual.

Just above the drivers kick panel under dash there should be a bunch of wires going to back of car. I don't remember if yours is up across roof or down the floor to trunk. Either way, there should be one or two wires with black plastic connectors. Are any of those connectors empty or any wires just hanging there?

Here is a picture of the bracket and switch from Max Merritts sitehttp://www.maxmerrittauto.com/ as well as a picture of the earlier switch since that could also have been used if installed by a dealer or switch was replaced.

Attach file:

jpg  (19.77 KB)
209_4d308caa6f303.jpg 551X438 px

jpg  (3.75 KB)
209_4d308d014c54b.jpg 209X146 px

Posted on: 2011/1/14 12:51
Howard
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Also check with David Moe of Seattle Packards. He is a pretty good source of things like original switches and the such.

Posted on: 2011/1/14 13:20
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

walkerman
See User information
Thank All of You. Found 2 wires someone had cut and taped up with large cable comming out of firewall. One side hot from cluster and other side went to back up lights. All I need now is switch and bracket. Thanks Again

Posted on: 2011/1/14 13:57
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved