Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
155 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 155

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: linkage pictures.
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
ANother pic is a streight on shot of the lever positioned square and inline with hole in firewall flange:

Attach file:

jpg  (45.07 KB)
35_4d6142b8b2275.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2011/2/20 11:35
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Thanks, Keith. That covers the top and just need the bottom now. I moved the booster over to the right to get the lever arrangement more inline so it works on the smaller pedals better. Now am concerned I may be too close to the linkage. Once I get a bottom dimension from the torsion bar or some other known place I can duplicate, will place a string or rod for the reference and be able to make final.

Posted on: 2011/2/20 12:00
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Err on the side of minor shift linkage modification if necessary.

Posted on: 2011/2/20 14:11
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Quote:
... I would very much appreciate any photos you could provide (and anyone else as well) ...

Am interested in all linkage in the area of firewall from steering column down but particularly lower end where it passes the booster area at frame and connects to pivots. PV8 provided a picture of the area the pivots mount but unfortunately, his car had no linkage.

The shape and approx distance the closest rod comes to frame would be very helpful as I moved the booster to the right and need to make sure I didn't move too far.

Am pretty sure I left enough room for the clutch but one of that area for confirmation would also be appreciated.

Posted on: 2011/2/26 5:12
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Howard, here is a photo of the gearshift linkage on my '55 Clipper. Please let me know if you would like other views.

(o{I}o)

Attach file:

jpg  (48.84 KB)
565_4d6949e3be5f2.jpg 480X640 px

Posted on: 2011/2/26 13:43
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Thanks again.

A progress report. All is mounted, fluid added but have issues with crawling under the car and bleeding by myself so am building a pressure bleeder. Once that is finished will take the measurements same as those for BTV.

Regarding the linkage, here is the issue with my current location. In order to get the push rod arranged so it's about the same angle as the original entering the floor and only about 2 inches to the left of original and hopefully still behind the narrower 55 pedal, I moved the booster to the right.

Currently the rod (been changed--round now but first flat version shown on these photos) is at a good angle, keeps the pedal at original height, and the adapter piece will, I think, fit on either 55 or 56 pedal and attach with a single bolt thru the original mounting holes. Also, the entire assy only has about 1/4 inch bulge out of floor (slightly more with 7 single because of stem length) and easily hidden by removing a small piece of carpet padding. This picture is the 7 dual booster and is worst case into engine compt. The 7 single is shorter but same width so maybe same issue.

The issue is the side clearance to linkage. If I were only worried about 56 pedals and pushbutton systems, then would be done. Could draw it up with some detailed photos and anyone who wanted could try it. As it is, not sure about the regular Ultra shift and looking at the stick shift photo, now am even more concerned--although doubt there is that many with stick and BTV that would be interested.

As the first photo (taken from under the car) shows, with a string or plumb bob dropped down from the hole in firewall, I only have 3/4 inches to booster and not sure that is enough. Was hoping someone could drop a weighted string from that same place and tell me if any linkage comes past that point to the left and by how much. The string passes the torsion bar with 1 1/2" clearance so a dimension from that or from the frame or anywhere else I can reference to for linkage would be much appreciated. The last photo is a view from the top and shows the 3/4".

I can move booster back over to left a bit but if I do, probably have to give up the rod location for the narrow pedals. As it is currently, if I followed Craig's dimensions of the 55 pedal properly I think rod will be behind pedal but at the left edge.

Attach file:

jpg  (99.57 KB)
209_4d69569d0b142.jpg 772X1280 px

jpg  (144.38 KB)
209_4d6956a6a7193.jpg 1197X1280 px

jpg  (200.92 KB)
209_4d6956af46f7e.jpg 1278X1280 px

jpg  (125.04 KB)
209_4d695bb5d7836.jpg 939X1280 px

Posted on: 2011/2/26 14:54
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Howard, please keep in mind that my Clipper does not have the T-L suspension.

(o{I}o)

Posted on: 2011/2/26 17:55
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
......my Clipper does not have the T-L suspension.

I knew JW, but just mentioned the bar or frame as a measure point for anyone who might be able to help with a dimension. Anything low I could measure to that would be constant on all models would work.

Posted on: 2011/2/26 19:30
Howard
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

buddyfromvb
See User information
I will take pics and measurements in the morning

Posted on: 2011/2/26 19:34
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

buddyfromvb
See User information
the first pic shows the shift rod 1/2 inch away from the t bar in reverse
the second pic shows 1 inch in park
the third pic is a forward view
the forth shows a 2 and 3/8 inches from the plumb line to the old mstr cyl
the fifth is an overall view of the lower linkage this is not connected to the tranny so there may be some play i suspect not much from the left end though
let me know if i can send any more shots or measurements and good luck
all shots except first have shift lever in park also rod in park is above t bar slightly so reverse is a more critical dimension
perhaps you could get creative with the shape of the shift linkage if
needed
took a look at my packard which is on the road and noticed difference on orientation of shifter rod, looks like you could add another inch to my previous measurements .

Attach file:

jpg  (125.59 KB)
2263_4d6a6f3d15459.jpg 1600X1200 px

jpg  (163.18 KB)
2263_4d6a6f676b9b4.jpg 1600X1200 px

jpg  (159.07 KB)
2263_4d6a6f82f055a.jpg 1600X1200 px

jpg  (117.02 KB)
2263_4d6a6f9c962d5.jpg 1600X1200 px

jpg  (203.93 KB)
2263_4d6a6fc02459e.jpg 1600X1200 px

Posted on: 2011/2/27 10:45
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved