Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
218 user(s) are online (140 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 218

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1948 Convertible
Just popping in
Just popping in

RogerP
See User information
I'm currently restoring a 48 Packard Convertible. I'm looking for someone with a similar car in original condition or restored to original condition to compare notes with. Is there anyone that can help?

Posted on: 2011/2/16 14:05
 Top  Print   

Re: 1948 Convertible
Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
You'll probably need to let people know if it's a Super 8 or a Custom 8

Posted on: 2011/2/16 16:04
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

RogerP
See User information
Sorry and thank you. It is a Super 8 Convertible.

Posted on: 2011/2/16 18:59
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dell
See User information
i just got done with a 48 custom, 247.5 points at pi membership meet, would be glade to help with any info that as my car is a complete frame off restoration. dell

Posted on: 2011/2/17 0:28

35-1200 touring sedan
42-110 convertible coupe
48-2293 station sedan
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

RogerP
See User information
Dell: It is my recollection that, other than some body trim differences, the Custom and the Super are almost the same car? An old friend had a Custom and that's how i fell in love with Packards. The car is in the upholstery shop at the moment and I would like to make sure that the interior and top are done correctly. Would you be able to help with some photos? Or would you be available for a discussion?

Posted on: 2011/2/17 11:58
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
There are many differences between the Super & Custom, besides body nose & trim; different wheelbase, frame, brakes, engine, differential and driveline, to name a few. As far as trim differences, perhaps this will be useful:

Attach file:

jpg  (236.52 KB)
177_4d5d55705becc.jpg 934X1239 px

Posted on: 2011/2/17 12:06
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

RogerP
See User information
Do you have photos of the Convertible Top from different angles and of the interior?

Posted on: 2011/2/17 12:11
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dell
See User information
rogerp; i leave for mexico in about two hours, if you are near orange ,the city of, call fred mauck at king auto. he has a correct super eight and i am sure he would be ok if you wanted to get pictures. my email is drjon@quixnet.net send me yours and i will email pictures. i have never been able the get pic's to load on packardinfo. the tops are some on both cars, black or tan only, interiors are leather caps with bedfordcord inserts if you have a parts book you can see interior color that goes with exterior color- have to go pack dell

Posted on: 2011/2/17 20:35

35-1200 touring sedan
42-110 convertible coupe
48-2293 station sedan
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved