Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
148 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 146

Kiwi Lad, humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Replace Speedometer gear 1950 automatic
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
So the "typical" that was listed for a '51 is the one here (#3)? and the correct one for mine?

Typical in this case I would imagine just means it is a cable in a housing with a threaded connection on each end. I do know the cables can vary with the look or type of nuts or screw connections at transmission end and the lengths. I don't remember the details of that particular one but suspect it is very similar to that shown. In your case, the parts book says the same cable assy is used on all non gearstart Ultramatics from 50-54. You should be able to call any of the vendors and order that cable by part number 421081 for 23rd series as shown from the manual page in the post above or by description and get the correct one. It should also be available used since there are quite a few 51-4 parts cars with Ultramatics out there.

Since your cable and housing was so badly damaged, have you verified the route has no sharp bends and speedometer is in decent condition and input shaft is free to turn.

Posted on: 2011/3/29 11:21
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: Replace Speedometer gear 1950 automatic
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

otgdy
See User information
Thank you
OTG

Posted on: 2011/3/30 12:16
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved