Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
217 user(s) are online (136 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 215

BigKev, Test User, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Identity of Packard Advertisement
Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin AZ
See User information
Does some recognize this particular Packard ad? I found it on ebay selling for $4500. and was wondering if any of you have ever seen it before in a magazine?

Thoughts appreciated.

Posted on: 2011/3/29 20:19
 Top  Print   

Re: Identity of Packard Advertisement
Home away from home
Home away from home

fred kanter
See User information
This is not an ad, see the caption below it. I believe this appeared in a 1937 issue of Fortune magazine featuring Packard

Posted on: 2011/3/29 20:27
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I found it on ebay selling for $4500

It's a nice looking illustration but I hope that price is missing a decimal point. If not, there better be gold in it somewhere.

Posted on: 2011/3/29 20:32
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin AZ
See User information
Fred,

Not an ad? Part of an article on Packard? Do you perhaps know what month this appeared in 1937?

Thanks

Posted on: 2011/3/30 10:31
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

dadoc
See User information
The illustration you have is opposite the table of contents of the January 1937 FORTUNE magazine, that is to say page 52. An article on Packard begins on page 55 and continues to page 60. The article continues on page 110 through page 118. There are a number of photographs, generally of executives. As might be expected in FORTUNE, the emphasis is on the business side of things.

Posted on: 2011/3/30 15:42
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

fred kanter
See User information
The ebay seller has numerous "ads" etc at stratospheric prices. Most of his sold items are in the $20-$35 range and I am guessing he puts high dollar ones in the mix to make the others seem like bargains.

The January 1937 issue is not plentiful but there is a 3 year bound set for about $240 including Jan '37 for about $240, about $7/ issue.

Caveat emptor

Posted on: 2011/3/30 17:32
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved