Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
212 user(s) are online (136 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 210

TxGoat, Jack Vines, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Packard Salesmanship
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Here's a photo of what I think is a relatively unique little niche of Packard history. This book was given to me upon my retirement as President of our local independent car club. It's marked "Copyright 1933 LaSalle Extension University" which I believe is still an on-going concern so images of the contents are probably inappropriate.

"Assignment 3" covers planning, making, analyzing, and selling the "comparative ride". It also has a chapter on "capitalizing on the Proving Ground Story."

A really neat little piece of Packard history. I'm curious if anyone has ever seen these books before, and/or have any of the other "assignments"? Assignment Four is apparently "Handling the Appraisal, Trade-In, Price and Terms."

Attach file:

jpg  (177.60 KB)
177_4d9b3bf30bb93.jpg 1023X1500 px

Posted on: 2011/4/5 10:57
 Top  Print   

Re: Packard Salesmanship
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
bump

Posted on: 2011/4/5 18:00
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Volume 1 is listed as available at the Packard Library site.http://www.thepackardlibrary.com/Sales%20Training.htm

(I am not having any luck at the moment downloading or viewing it.)

Posted on: 2011/4/5 18:08
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
There are about 8-9 volumes in the course. Bruce Blevins in Flint, MI. has a complete set in his 1933 Packard mancave that we got to see on a tour last year.

Posted on: 2011/4/5 20:03
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Thanks HH and Joel for digging into this. Interesting that The Packard Library refers to the individual bookets as "Volume 1, 2," etc. but the printed copy clearly calls them "Assignment One, Two," etc.

Posted on: 2011/4/5 22:09
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved