Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
212 user(s) are online (146 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 210

humanpotatohybrid, JohnCB, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Boots on brake and gas pedals...
Home away from home
Home away from home

Paul Weeks
See User information
When vacuuming the '50, I noticed that there were remnants of rubber accordion type 'boots' on the gas and brake pedal shafts! I would like to replace these, any ideas where one could get a such a thing? Now I am wondering if there was a rubber dimmer switch cover as well?? Anybody know???

Posted on: 2011/4/21 19:32
 Top  Print   

Re: Boots on brake and gas pedals...
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
There are a couple of bellows type seals that go on the pedals under the floorboard. Those are available from Steelehttp://www.steelerubber.com/ or you could order those or any other rubber and the dimmer switch cap thru Max Merritt and get a discount on the Steele products. Details of discount on his site under rubber products.

Posted on: 2011/4/21 19:42
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

fred kanter
See User information
There was an accordian bellows on the gas pedal, we sell teh power brake bellows to be used there, one or two folds can be cut of with a scissors. The brake "arm" does not use a bellows, it uses a brake arm seal which sits under the floor on the arm and seals agianst the bottom of the floorboard. The same seal is used for the clutch arm The dimmer uses a rubber cap with concentric circles on the top.

We manufacture all of these items.
Fred Kanter
Kanter Auto Products

Posted on: 2011/4/21 21:22
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Paul Weeks
See User information
I just got the Spring catalog, any chance they are in that?? I will give it a look!!

Posted on: 2011/4/22 11:06
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
Pretty neat spring catalog. I like the "growing" of the parts on the cover. I keep thinking of "Green Acres" when I look at the cover.

Posted on: 2011/4/22 14:08
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

fred kanter
See User information
Thanks for the compliments on the catalog covers, we have fun doing them. Gas pedal/Power brake boot is pictured in the brake section. Clutch/brake pedal boot is listed online
www.kanter.com

Posted on: 2011/4/22 14:13
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

fred kanter
See User information
Correction.

51-56 uses a bellows type gas pedal boot, 48-50 does not use any boot at all. If you found residue of an old one it was added by a prev owner. The 48-50 uses a round fiber disc around the gas pedal rod and under the carpet mat to seal the engine compartment noise/fumes from the passenger compartment. The 51-4 type bellows is superior and will work, but not original. We have both in stock

Posted on: 2011/4/27 12:09
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Now I'm confused. Parts manual only lists the one boot #300915 as used on prewar Clipper & 21-56th. Same part number for both group numbers. No mention of anything else. Where does the fiber disc go or is that what looks like a round item not numbered on pedal under the boot.

Attach file:

jpg  (14.96 KB)
209_4db850b888533.jpg 474X223 px

Posted on: 2011/4/27 12:22
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

fred kanter
See User information
The round item under the pedal boots of the brake and clutch arms are part ofthe arms. Their function is to provide a rest for the boots so they don;t slide down the arms.

The round fiber disc is a gas pedal seal, the gas linkage is not shown in this drawing

Posted on: 2011/4/27 21:35
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Thanks for the clarification. I must have skipped over the word gas in the message this morning. I thought we were talking about the other pedals.

Posted on: 2011/4/27 21:48
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved