Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
146 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 145

Will Rose, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

'32 Packard Limo
Home away from home
Home away from home

32model901
See User information
Current Packard on EBay:

Listed as a '32 "Short" Limo.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Packard-short-Limo-No-engine-trany-/330566325509?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item4cf749d505

Data plate looks like "543 171" which would be a '32 5 passenger Sedan.

Incorrect data plate on this car?

Attach file:

jpg  (68.21 KB)
1584_4dd81d75448c8.jpg 1231X815 px

Posted on: 2011/5/21 15:18
 Top  Print   

Re: '32 Packard Limo
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
It could have been some sort of special I suppose, the division either pre- or post-sale. Be interesting to know if there are any special tags under the carpet.

Would I be incorrect to call that style a berline? Not that Packard cataloged one.

Posted on: 2011/5/21 16:10
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

gunnison
See User information
The ebay '32 Packard under discussion is not a limousine. There was a factory option whereby a division could be installed in a 5 pass. sedan or 5 pass. club sedan. The writer has a copy of the factory letter in which this option is described. The car advertised on ebay in Bayville, Long Island is a 902 style 543 sedan, called in the sales literature a "long-wheelbase five-passenger sedan." Few of this type have survived. It is to be fervently hoped that a genuine Packard enthusiast buys this car and brings it back to its original glory.

Posted on: 2011/5/25 16:22
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike
See User information
I'll say this, the price isn't out of this world and the sheetmetal looks in a lot better condition than even some 60s and 70's cars getting restored. A lot there to work with, although if you want it 100% factory correct it could be hard to find some pieces?

Sharp car no matter how you classify it.

Posted on: 2011/5/25 16:34
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved