Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
247 user(s) are online (131 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 247

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Considering purchase of a '55 400
Home away from home
Home away from home

Paul Weeks
See User information
Just looked again, eBay shows that the car sold (again) for $3,000 about three days ago...

Posted on: 2011/7/17 10:24
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
I don't see the car on eBay. The last thing I see on it was that it sold for $3000.00 on July 13th.

Posted on: 2011/7/17 10:25
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rich Bishop
See User information
I never purseued his offer any further. It had been listed at least once before thos most recent "sale". When I was trolling eBay last week, it was listed at a starting price/"Buy It Now" at $3500. The seller told me that twice previously he had listed it and bidders won and never paid, so it is suspect.

Posted on: 2011/7/18 12:34
[color=0099FF]Respectfully,
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
I thought it sounded promising --if you wanted to restore it--.

Almost all Packards had severe rust issues in the midwest in the fifties: the rear door dogleg, the Frenching and of course the rocker panels were notorious.

That said, the car did not look knee deep in rust, seemed to have relatively low miles.....

As to previous buyers not coming through--well, it happens. If the car really interests you, the only way for you to be sure is to inspect it yourself.

I didn't get any major red flags from the owner; he just seemed like someone who was washing his hands of the project.

"Not to decide is to decide...."

Posted on: 2011/7/18 16:22
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved