Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
212 user(s) are online (142 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 208

Pack120c, Leeedy, Charles, Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Turquoise Blue Paint
Home away from home
Home away from home

J.R. Buzzell
See User information
I have a guy coming to estimate a paint job for the car and I need the exact colour of the Turquoise Blue paint. I need all the dyes and such. I found a site that gives all of the exact dye colours, but I don't remember where it was. Thanks!

Posted on: 2011/6/19 15:50
J.R. Buzzell

1949 23rd Series Deluxe Eight Touring Sedan
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/index.php?Action=view&ID=867
 Top  Print   

Re: Turquoise Blue Paint
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
The formulas by pigment are available in many places. You could go to The Packard Club (PAC) main website and click on Reference for the DuPont formulas. However, I don't know how useful this will be as some of those pigments are no longer available.

Posted on: 2011/6/19 16:20
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rusty O\'Toole
See User information
Any good auto paint store can mix the paint if you give them the number off your ID plate or the color number or name. They all have formulas going back to the twenties.

You can look up your paint color by the original formula books at the Auto Color Library.

http://www.autocolorlibrary.com/?gclid=CMiajoaAw6kCFc3CKgodiGo1bQ

Here is the page for 1949-50-51 Packard.

http://www.tcpglobal.com/autocolorlibrary/aclchip.aspx?image=1949-packard-pg01.jpg

It appears your color is 10476, DAL for Ditzler lacquer, DQE for enamel. There is another slightly lighter turquoise shown for the 1950 model.

Any paint company can cross reference these numbers. The local store may not have the formula but they should be able to get it from the head office in a few hours.

Incidentally if you had the original formula it would not do you any good. Paint companies reformulate their paints every few years and have to revise all their old formulas. They can only go by the number or by matching a sample off your car.

Posted on: 2011/6/19 17:20
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

J.R. Buzzell
See User information
Alright, awesome! Thanks a lot!

Posted on: 2011/6/20 8:23
J.R. Buzzell

1949 23rd Series Deluxe Eight Touring Sedan
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/index.php?Action=view&ID=867
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

jsa03781
See User information
When I was at the same point I took the car to the store and had them shoot the color with a camera. Only to come up with the depth match. But they said my car didn't come in metallic. Yet everything I found said yes. So I lucked out and the DM said hold on. He called PPG and asked for the historic department. What happened next is that they have all the plates of all the cars made. ( 1 metal plate for each color made for each year of all cars) So they shoot that 1948 Dark Blue Packard color and sent the codes to my store.

Posted on: 2011/6/25 10:59
1948 Custom Eight
1950 Super Eight Convertible
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rusty O\'Toole
See User information
Do you know the difference between Sea Blue and Pea Green paint?

Anyone can see blue ha ha ha ha ha old painter's joke.

Posted on: 2011/6/25 13:02
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Turquoise Blue was a non-metallic. Packard Blue was metallic.

Posted on: 2011/6/25 13:13
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Denny Z
See User information
I went with the Light Turquoise shade and am very happy...

Attach file:

jpg  (3.66 KB)
564_4e068f1e98b7f.jpg 140X105 px

Posted on: 2011/6/25 20:45
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved